BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第181期:反击
日期:2014-01-07 15:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


You can have me arrested, you can torture me, you can do anything you like with me,
尽管逮捕我,折磨我好了,你想拿我怎么样随便你,
but nothing’s going to prevent them from pulling the trigger.
但没什么能阻止他们扣下扳机。
Your only three friends in the world will die unless…
你在这世上唯一的三个朋友死定了,除非……
I kill myself and complete your story.
除非我自杀,成就你的故事。
You’ve got to admit, that’s sexier.
你得承认,这样更吸引人。
And I die in disgrace.
我声名狼藉地死去。
Of course. That’s the point of this.
当然了,这才是重点。
Oh,You’ve got an audience now. Off you pop. Go on.
你现在有观众了哦。请吧。跳吧。
I told you how this ends.
我告诉过你故事的结局,
Your death is the only thing that’s going to call off the killers.
只有你死,杀手才会放手。
I’m certainly not going to do it.
我肯定不会这么做。
Would you give me one moment, please? One moment of privacy. Please.
你能给我点时间吗?让我一个人待会。拜托了。
Of course.
当然可以。
What? What is it? What did I miss?
你笑什么?!你知道了什么?
You’re not going to do it.
你不会这么做,
So the killers can be called off, then there’s a recall code or a word or a number.
所有还有办法让杀手收手,有个代码、暗号或数字。
I don’t have to die if I’ve got you.
如果我有你,我就不用死。
You think you can make me stop the order? You think you can make me do that?
你觉得你能让我下令让他们住手吗?你觉得你能做到吗?
Yes. So do you.
当让,你也这么觉得。
Sherlock, your big brother and all the King’s horses couldn’t make me do a thing I didn’t want to.
夏洛克,你哥哥和整个政府的人都不能逼我做我不想做的事。
Yes, but I’m not my brother, remember.
是的,但我不是我哥哥。
I am you, prepared to do anything, prepared to burn, prepared to do what ordinary people won’t do.
我跟你一样,准备好做任何事,准备好毁灭一切,准备好做普通人做不到的事。
You want me to shake hands with you in hell? I shall not disappoint you.
你想和我在地狱里相见吗?那我奉陪。

妙语佳句

Disgust (pp. & pt. disgusted)
n.反感,厌恶,嫌恶
vt.使反感,厌恶

He spoke of his disgust at the incident...
他谈到了他对这件事的厌恶。
He disgusted many with his boorish behaviour.
他的粗野行为让很多人都讨厌他。

------------------------------------------------------
Disgrace (pp. & pt. disgraced)
n.丢脸;耻辱;不光彩;丢脸的人(或事)
vt.使丢脸;使失宠;使受耻辱;贬黜

His vice president also had to resign in disgrace...
他的副总统也被迫不光彩地辞去职务。
The way the sales were handled was a complete disgrace...
这种销售手段为人所不齿。
What went on was a scandal. It was a disgrace to Britain.
发生的一切是个丑闻,是给英国抹黑。
I've disgraced myself by the actions I've taken.
我的行为让我颜面尽失。

------------------------------------------------------
Make the most of
充分利用

The clock is running. Make the most of today.
时钟仍在走动,充分利用好今天。

------------------------------------------------------
Prevent...from...
阻止,妨碍

My only idea was to prevent the woman from speaking.
我唯一的想法就是不让那女人讲话。

剧情百科


绝处逢生,Sherlock在关键时刻得到了保命筹码---Moriatry。而Moriatry,前一刻还得意洋洋,后一刻却已是惊恐不安。他已败给Sherlock了?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Lady hale shows herself to be a _____ researcher.
哈尔女士在书中表现出自己是一个勤奋的调查员。
2.He didn't _____ _____ _____ tom's proposals at the meeting.
在会上他不理会汤姆的建议。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Can you feel your feelings of both attraction and disgust?
你能感受到那种吸引力与厌恶感并存的感觉吗?
2.Politicians should make the most of it.
政客们应最大限度加以利用。

分享到
重点单词
  • haleadj. 强壮的,健壮的 vt. 猛拉,拖揭发拽
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • resignv. 辞职,放弃,顺从,听任
  • disappointv. 使 ... 失望
  • disgustn. 厌恶,嫌恶 v. 令人厌恶
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • incidentn. 事件,事变,插曲 adj. 难免的,附带的
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • preventv. 预防,防止