(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Oil, John. The oil in the kidnapper's footprint. It'll lead us to Moriarty.
绑匪脚印里的那些油渍会帮我们找到莫里亚蒂。
All the chemical traces on his shoe have been preserved.
他鞋上所有的化学品都保存了下来,
The sole of the shoe is like a passport. If we're lucky, we'll see everything he's been up to.
鞋底就好像护照。如果我们走运,就能查到他最近的全部行踪。
I need that analysis.
那个需要做分析
Alkaline. - Thank you,John.
碱性的。 - 谢谢,约翰
Molly. - Yes.
是茉莉。 - 好
I – O – U.
我 欠 你。
Glycerol molecule. What are you?
甘油分子。什么东西?
What did you mean – I O U? You said IOU. You were muttering it while you were working.
你说“我欠你的”是什么意思?你刚刚说“我欠你的”。你刚一直在念叨这几个字。
Nothing, mental note.
没什么,记下来的东西罢了。
You're a bit like my dad. He's dead. No, sorry.
你有点像我爸。他死了。哦不,抱歉。
Molly, please don't feel the need to make conversation. It's really not your area.
莫莉,请不要觉得非得跟我搭讪,这真不是你的强项。
When he was dying, he was always cheerful, he was lovely,except when he thought no-one could see.
他死前那段日子,总是很开心,很愉悦,可他以为没人看到他时就不是这样了。
I saw him once, he looked sad. - Molly.
我看到过一次他哀伤的样子。 - 茉莉
You look sad, when you think he can't see you.
你就很哀伤,当你以为他看不到你的时候。
Are you OK? And don't just say you are, because I know what that means looking sad when you think no-one can see you.
你没事吧?别说你没事,我知道那种表情的含义,以为没人看着你时就流露哀伤的含义。
You can see me.
你就能看见我。
I don't count. What I'm trying to say is, that if there's anything I can do, anything you need, anything at all, you can have me.
我对你不算数。我只是想时候,如果我能做什么,或你需要我做任何事,我都会帮你。
No, I just mean, I mean, if there's anything you need, it's fine.
不是,我就是说,我是说,如果你需要我做什么事,我都可以。
But what can I need from you?
但我会需要你做什么?
Nothing. I don't know. You could probably say thank you, actually.
没什么,我也不知道。其实你大可只说句谢谢。
Thank you?
那谢谢了。
I'm just going to go and get some crisps. Do you want anything? It's OK, I know you don't.
我要去买点薯片,你想吃什么吗?算了,我知道你不吃。
Well, actually, maybe I'll…
其实,要不我……
I know you don't.
我知道你不吃。
妙语佳句
Conversation
n.交谈,会话;交往,交际;会谈;(人与计算机的)人机对话
When I arrived I found her in conversation with Mrs Williams.
我到的时候,发现她正在和威廉斯夫人谈话。
He's a talkative guy, and I struck up a conversation with him...
他是一个健谈的人,于是我开始和他攀谈起来。
------------------------------------------------------
Department
n.部门,部;系,学部;知识范围;车间
He moved to the sales department.
他转到了销售部。
'I'm afraid the name means nothing to me,' he said. 'That's not my department.'
“恐怕这个名字对我来说毫无意义,”他说,“我对此并不熟悉。”
------------------------------------------------------
For short
简称, 缩写
But he held these positions only intermittently and for short periods because of conflicts with his superiors.
但他只担任过这些职务断断续续,因为与他的上司冲突的时间很短。
剧情百科
对于Sherlock这个智商超高的人,情商却是低到可以用零来描述。他不懂得Molly对他的倾慕和爱意,更不懂的如何去谢谢关心他的人。不过John是个例外,他们本是好基友。难道不是?
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Bears believe the games could further _____ output.
看跌者坚信,奥运会进一步抑制产出。
2.Ln _____ her soul, then?
那就用她的灵魂来交换吧?
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.The (department) is very attuned politically.
那个部门政治上非常协调。
2.It's called gonadotropin-releasing hormone or gnrh (for short).
那被称之为促性腺激素释放激素,简称gnrh。