(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Hold it. - Nice.
就那个姿势. - 不错.
I'm starving. - Thanks.
我饿死了 - 谢谢.
I had to lose so much weight to get into this dress.
我减了好多斤才穿得下这裙子.
he's nice.
这个不错.
Traces of two leading brands of deodorant, both advertised for their strength,
闻到了两个名牌除臭剂的气味 都是以强力除臭为卖点.
suggestive of a chronic body odour problem, manifesting under stress.
很可能有长期体臭的问题 紧张的时候尤其明显.
OK, done there. What about his friend?
好吧 这个不行 那他的朋友怎么样?
Long-term relationship, compulsive cheat. -Seriously?
有固定的伴侣 习惯性出轨 - 此话当真?
Waterproof cover on his smart-phone.Yet his complexion doesn't indicate outdoor work.
手机上的防水保护套,他的肤色说明他不从事户外工作
It suggests he's in the habit of taking his phone into the shower with him,which means he often receives texts and emails he'd rather went unseen.
说明他洗澡也习惯带着他的电话,从而说明他经常收到见不得人的短信与邮件.
Can I keep you?
我能留着你吗?
Do you like solving crimes? - Do you have a vacancy?
你喜欢查案吗? - 你要招人吗?
So, Harry? - Er, no. No show.
哈丽呢? - 没 没见人
Darling, I'm so sorry.
亲爱的 我很抱歉
Yeah, it was a bit of a punt asking her, I suppose.Still, free bar, wouldn't have been a good mix.
问的时候就知道她不一定来,反正有畅饮吧台 她来了也不会有好事发生
Oh. God, wow! - Is that...? - He came.
天哪 哇! - 那是...? - 他来了
So that's him, Major Sholto.
那就是他 詹姆斯·肖尔托少校
If they're such good friends, why does he barely even mention him?
如果他们真那么铁 为什么他不怎么提起他?
He mentions him all the time to me, never shuts up about him.
他对我说个不停 从没停过口
About HIM? - Mm-hmm.
说起他? - 嗯哼
Urgh! I chose this wine, it's bloody awful!
恶啊! 我选的这个红酒 怎么这么烂!
Yes, but it's definitely him that he talks about? -Mm-hmm.
是 你确定他说的是他? -嗯哼-
I'm very, very, glad to see you, sir.I know you don't really do this sort of thing.
我真的非常非常高兴见到你 长官,我知道你一般不常出席这种活动
Well, I do for old friends, Watson.John.
为了老朋友我会出席 华生,约翰
It's good to see you. - You too.
很高兴我们又见面 - 我也是
Civilian life suiting you, then?
看来平民的生活过的不错?
Er, er, yes. Well, I think so, sir. - No more need for the trickcyclist?
呃...是的 还好 - 不再看精神科医生了?
No, I go now and then. Sort of a top-up.Therapy can be very helpful.
不 我有时还会去 算是巩固一下,诊疗有时很有帮助的
Where are you living these days?
你都住在哪里?
Oh, way out in the middle of nowhere. You wouldn't know it.
鸟不生蛋的地方 你不认识的
You look well... - I've never even heard him say his name.
你看起来不错... - 我从没听他提起过他的名字.
Well, he's almost a recluse, you know, since... - Yes.
他基本上是个隐士 你知道 自从... - 是的
I didn't think he'd show up at all.John says he's the most unsociable man he's ever met.
我还以为他不会来.约翰说他是他见过的最不擅长交际的人
He is? He's the most unsociable?that's why he's bouncing around him like a puppy.
他? 最不擅交际? 所以他就像只小狗似地绕着他转
Oh, Sherlock!Neither of us were the first, you know. - Stop smiling.
哦 夏洛克!-我俩都不是他的第一次 - 别笑了.
It's my wedding day!Urgh!
今天是我大喜的日子!恶啊!
妙语佳句
Painful
adj.痛苦的;(肉体)疼的;费力的,(工作)困难的;讨厌的,使人厌烦的
Sampras awaits the results of a bone scan on a painful left shin.
桑普拉斯等待着疼痛的左腿胫骨的骨骼扫描结果。
Sunburn is painful and potentially dangerous.
晒伤不仅疼,还有潜在危险。
She finds it too painful to return there without him.
她觉得没有他的陪伴回到那里实在叫人难受。
-------------------------------------------------------
Injection
n.注射;注射剂;[医]充血;(卫星等的)入轨
It has to be given by injection, usually twice daily.
它必须通过注射摄入,通常一天两次。
The company is hoping to obtain a £50 million cash injection from the government.
公司希望从政府那里得到5,000万英镑的现金投入。
An injection of cash is needed to fund some of these projects...
需要现金投入来资助这其中的一些项目。
-------------------------------------------------------
Shoulder (pp. & pt. shouldered)
n.肩膀;(衣服的)肩部;山肩;路肩
vt.担负,承担;肩起,挑起;用肩顶…
She led him to an armchair, with her arm round his shoulder...
她揽着他的肩膀,将他领到一把扶手椅旁。
Extravagant fashions with padded shoulders.
带垫肩的华丽时装
Some of the blame for the disastrous night must be shouldered by the promoters.
筹办方必须为那个灾难性的夜晚承担一部分责任。
The rest of the group shouldered their bags, gritted their teeth and set off...
那群人中其余的人扛起包,咬着牙出发了。
剧情百科
詹姆斯·肖尔托少校,John的前任指挥官,是一个居功至伟的教官。可是在一次带新兵的任务下出现的状况,以往的成就也倍受争议,在众人舆论的压力下,詹姆斯·肖尔托少校多次想过自杀,但身为军人的他是不容忍自己如此憋屈的死。即使詹姆斯·肖尔托少校有着这么多负面新闻,John依旧像以往一样尊敬他。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Mr blair and ms rowling won instant _____ for their novelty and charm.
布莱尔和罗琳凭借自己的新颖和魅力立刻赢得了喝彩。
2.Tyrants _____, beat, and torture all. We know.
我们知道,以前的暴君会压制、殴打、折磨他们。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.The rule is that each syllable is worth 5.
题目的规律是每个音节的值是5。
2.Efforts to curb inflation in china are having some painful side-effects.
在中国为抑制通货膨胀的努力也带来了惨痛的副作用。