BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第262期:遇到危险你在想什么
日期:2015-02-12 11:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


It's not like it is in the movies.There's not a great big spurt of blood and you go flying backwards.
这和电影裡的不一样,鲜血没有迸出.你也没被打得倒退
The impact isn't spread over a wide area.
冲击力没有大范围扩散
It's tightly focused so there's little or no energy transfer.
受力很集中,所以有很少.或者几乎没有能量转移。
You stay still and the bullet pushes through.
你站著没动,子弹会穿过去.
You're almost certainly going to die, so we need to focus.
你离死不远了,你得集中精力.
I said, "Focus!"
我说,集中精力.
It's all well and clever having a mind palace,but you've only three seconds of consciousness left to use it.
你有思维殿堂,这很巧妙,但是你只剩三秒钟的清醒状态.
So, come on. What's going to kill you?
说吧,你的死因是什么
Blood loss. - Exactly.
失血过多. - 没错.
So, it's all about one thing now forwards or backwards?
所以现在只有一件事.向前还是向后
We need to decide which way you're going to fall. - One hole or two?
我们要决定你怎么倒下. - 一个洞还是两个
Sorry? - Is the bullet still inside you?Or is there an exit wound? It'll depend on the gun.
什么。 - 子弹是留在你体内,还是形成了穿透伤。这取决于是什么枪
That one, I think.Or that one.
我想是那把.或者是那个
Oh, for God's sake, Sherlock. It doesn't matter about the gun.Don't be stupid.
拜託。夏洛克。和枪没有关系.别傻了
You always were so stupid.Such a disappointment.
你一向都这么蠢.太让人失望了
I'm not stupid.
我不蠢
You're a very stupid little boy.Mummy and Daddy are very cross
你是个很蠢的小男孩.妈妈和爸爸都很生气
because it doesn't matter about the gun.
因为这个和枪没有关系
Why not?
为什么没关系
You saw the whole room when you entered it.What was directly behind you when you were murdered?
你进来的时候你看到了整个房间.你被杀的时候。你后面有什么
I've not been murdered YET.
我还没死呢
Balance of probability, little brother.
权衡下各种可能性。弟弟
If the bullet had passed through you, what would you have heard? - The mirror shattering.
如果子弹穿透了你。你会听到什么声音? - 镜子碎裂.
You didn't. Therefore...?
然而你没听到。因此...?
The bullet's still inside me.
子弹还在我体内.
So we need to take him down backwards.
所以他要向后倒下.
I agree. Sherlock, you need to fall on your back.
我同意。夏洛克。你要向后倒.
Right now the bullet is the cork in a bottle.
现在那子弹就像个瓶塞.
The bullet itself is blocking most of the blood flow.
子弹本身阻止了大部分的出血.
But any pressure or impact on the entrance wound could dislodge it.
但伤口处的任何挤压或者冲击会使它移位
Plus, on your back, gravity's working for us.Fall...now.
再说。向后倒的话重力也会帮忙...现在...倒下.
What the hell is that?! What's happening?!
这是怎么回事,发生了什么?
You're going into shock.It's the next thing that's going to kill you.
你会进入休克,这是第二个可能致死的因素.
What do I do? - Don't go into shock, obviously.
我该怎么办? - 很明显。别休克.
Must be something in this ridiculous memory palace of yours that can calm you down.
你这荒唐的的思维殿堂裡肯定有什么,能让你冷静下来.
Find it.The East Wind is coming, Sherlock.It's coming to get you.It's coming to get you.
找到它,东风要来了。夏洛克,它要来席卷你了,它要来席卷你了
Find it.
找到它
Hello, Redbeard. Here, boy.Come on. Come to me.
你好。红胡子。过来。孩子.过来。到我这裡来
It's OK. It's all right.Come on. It's me. It's me. Come on.Come on.
没事的。没事的.过来。是我。是我。过来.过来
Good boy. Clever boy. Good boy.Hello, Redbeard. They're putting me down too now.
好孩子。真聪明。好孩子.你好。红胡子。现在他们也要杀了我
It's no fun, is it?Redbeard.
一点都不好玩吧.红胡子


妙语佳句

Mechanism
n.[生]机制,机能,[乐]机理;(机械)结构,机械装置[作用],
(故事的)结构;[艺]手法,技巧,途径;机械作用

A bomb has been detonated by a special mechanism.
炸弹由一个专门装置引爆。
There's no mechanism for punishing arms exporters who break the rules.
对违规的武器出口商实施惩罚尚无执行机制。
A survival mechanism, a means of coping with intolerable stress.
一种生存机制,一种应对无法承受的压力的方法

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Obligation
n.义务,责任;证券,契约;债务;恩惠

When teachers assign homework, students usually feel an obligation to do it...
老师布置作业时,学生通常认为完成作业是一种义务。
I have an ethical and a moral obligation to my client.
我对我的当事人负有道义上的责任。
You can review your policy in detail for a full 15 days without obligation.
您可以在15天的免费体验期内仔细审核保单细则。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Petition (pp. & pt.petitioned)
n.请愿书,;请愿,请求;上诉状
vi.祈求,请求;请愿
vt.(向法庭)申诉

We recently presented the government with a petition signed by 4,500 people.
最近我们向政府递交了有4,500人签名的请愿书。
His lawyers filed a petition for all charges to be dropped...
他的律师提请撤销所有指控。
Twenty-five of his supporters petitioned him to restore the monarchy...
他的拥护者中有25个人请求他复辟。

剧情百科


好吧,从中枪到躺下这一短暂的过程,Sherlock足以在他的思维殿堂想到许多情事,1秒能扩张到3分钟。情节中告诉我们正确的中弹迹象和如何能在短时间内处理好该处理的问题,这都是我们可以学到的,当然不是让你们去中枪,只是告诉你们,临危不惧!


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.Body temperature can _____ if you are ill.
人患病后体温可能会上下波动
2.Her speech showed great maturity and _____.
她的演讲思想高度成熟,并且洋溢着博爱精神。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.The following year Parliament voted to abolish the death penalty for murder...
议会于翌年表决对谋杀罪废除死刑。
2.He argued that the economic recovery had been facilitated by his tough stance.
他认为他的强硬立场推动了经济的复苏。

分享到
重点单词
  • obligationn. 义务,责任
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • mechanismn. 机制,原理 n. 机械,机构,结构
  • gravityn. 重力,严重,庄重,严肃
  • petitionn. 祈求,请愿书,诉状 vi. 请愿,祈求 vt. 向
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • transfern. 迁移,移动,换车 v. 转移,调转,调任
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • dislodgevt. 逐出,用力移出 vi. 移走,离开
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧