BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第216期:落幕
日期:2014-09-13 18:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Everything was anticipated, every eventuality allowed for.It worked perfectly.
每件事我都料到了.每一种可能性.实施得很完美
Molly. Molly Hooper? She was in on it?
茉莉.茉莉·霍普.她也参与了
Yes. You remember the little girl who was abducted by Moriarty?
是的.还记得那个被莫里亚蒂绑架的小女孩吗
Get out!
出去
You assumed she reacted like that because I was her kidnapper.
你认为她有那种反应是因为是我绑架了她''
But I deduced Moriarty must have found someone who looked very like me to plant suspicion,
但是我猜到莫里亚蒂为了栽赃我,一定是找了个跟我一模一样的人
and that that man, whoever he was,had to be got out of the way as soon as his usefulness ended.
而不管他找了什么人?一旦他没用了.一定会被除掉
That meant there was a corpse in the morgue somewhere that looked just like me. - Clever.
所以在某个停尸房里.一定有一具和我长得一样的尸体. - 聪明.
Molly found the body, faked the records and I provided the other coat.I've got lots of coats.
茉莉找到了尸体.伪造了记录,而我则贡献出了一件大衣.我有很多大衣
What about the sniper aiming at John?
那个瞄准约翰的狙击手呢
Mycroft's men intervened before he could take the shot.He was invited to reconsider.
麦考夫的人及时制止了他,让他再考虑一下
Is it done?Good.
办成了吗?很好
And your homeless network?
那你的流浪汉信息网呢
As I explained, the whole street was closed off.Like a scene from a play.
像我所说的.整条街都清空了.就像是一出戏里的布景
Neat, don't you think?What?
很精巧.不是吗?怎么?
Not the way I'd have done it. - Oh, really?
如果是我就不会这么做. - 是吗?
No, I'm not saying it's not clever, but... - What?
倒不是说这么做不聪明.但. - 怎么?
Bit...disappointed.
有点.让人失望.
Oh. Everyone's a critic. Anyway, that's not why I came. - No?
每个人都这么挑剔.不过我不是为这个而来. - 不是吗?
No, I think you know why I'm here, Phillip."How I Did It, by Jack the Ripper?"
不是.你知道我为什么过来.菲利普,《我是怎么做到的》.开膛手杰克著
Didn't you think it was intriguing?
你不觉得很有意思吗?
Lurid. A case so sensational you hoped I'd be interested.
确实.一个荒谬至极.你认为我会感兴趣的案子
But you overdid it, Phillip.You and your little fan-club.
但你做过头了.菲利普.你和那些粉丝
I just couldn't live with myself,knowing that I'd driven you to...
我无法安心,因为是我害得你...
But you didn't. You were always right, I wasn't dead.
但是你没有.你一直都是对的.我没死
No. No, and everything's OK now, isn't it? - Yeah.
是的.所以现在也没关系了.是吗? - 是啊.
Though of course you've wasted police time.Perverted the course of justice.
不过你浪费了警方的时间,妨碍了司法公正.
Risked distracting me from a massive terrorist assault that could have
很可能分散了我的注意力,害我无法解决这起可能摧毁议院
both destroyed Parliament and caused the death of hundreds of people.
同时造成大量伤亡的.大规模恐怖袭击.
Oh, God! Oh, God, I'm sorry, Sherlock!I'm so sorry.
我的上帝.我很抱歉.夏洛克!太对不起了!
Hang on.That doesn't make sense.
等等.这说不通啊!
How could you be sure John would stand on that exact spot?I mean, what if he'd moved?
你怎么能确保约翰会站在你设想的位置,万一他动了呢?
And...how did you do it all so quickly?What if the bike hadn't hit him?
而且你动作怎么这么快?如果那辆自行车没撞到他呢?
And anyway, why are you telling me all this?
更何况.你为什么要跟我说这些
If you'd pulled that off,I'm the last person you'd tell the truth to!
如果你真的做到了!你肯定不会告诉我真相
Sherlock Holmes!
夏洛克·福尔摩斯啊



妙语佳句

Defuse (pp. & pt. defused)
vt.拆除(爆炸物)的引信;减少…的危险性;使变为无害;平息,缓和

Officials will hold four days of talks aimed at defusing tensions over trade.
官员们将举行为期 4 天旨在消除贸易紧张关系的会谈。
Police have defused a bomb found in a building in London.
警方已经拆除了一枚在伦敦一所大楼内发现的炸弹的引信。

-------------------------------------------------------

Generate (pp. & pt. generated)
vt.形成,造成;产生物理反应;产生(后代);引起

The Employment Minister said the reforms would generate new jobs.
劳工大臣表示,改革将带来新的就业机会。
The company, New England Electric, burns coal to generate power.
新英格兰电力公司用煤发电。

-------------------------------------------------------

Particular
adj.特别的;详细的;独有的;挑剔的
n.特色,特点;(可分类,列举的)项目;详细情节,细情,细目;某一事项

I have to know exactly why it is I'm doing a particular job.
我必须明确知道我为什么要做特定的一项工作。
I have a particular responsibility to ensure I make the right decision...
我肩负特殊责任,必须确保自己作出的决定是正确的。
Particular emphasis will be placed on oral language training.
将会特别强调口语训练。
Ted was very particular about the colors he used.
特德在用色上非常讲究。

剧情百科

现实生活不是童话,不是每个结局都让人叹为观止。Phillip觉得Sherlock所陈述的或许还有许多隐藏的事情,但对于自己的克星,自己也只能竭嘶底里地抓狂。至于Sherlock是如何成功骗过John,演了一场戏,这种谜题,还是我们自己推测吧。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.I _____ I'd better do some homework...
我看我最好做做功课。
2.I can't see any reason not to _____.
我想不出任何不开关的理由。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Many experts credit the rtc with helping defuse that crisis.
许多专家认为这家公司帮助化解了那场危机。
2.How can government-business relations be structured to most likely generate good economic policies?
什么样的政企关系最有可能产生好的经济政策?

分享到
重点单词
  • anticipatedadj. 预期的;期望的 v. 预料(anticipat
  • defusevt. 拆除(炸弹等)的雷管,消除危险,缓和
  • generatevt. 产生,发生,引起
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • reconsiderv. 重新考虑,再斟酌
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • assaultn. 攻击,突袭 vt. 袭击,突袭
  • suspicionn. 猜疑,怀疑
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • scenen. 场,景,情景