BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第222期:婚宴的筹展
日期:2014-09-20 10:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Hello. Lovely to meet you.
你好 欢迎
How are you? - Beautiful, Mary.
你怎么样? - 很好 玛丽.
Thank you. -Congratulations.
谢谢. - 恭喜.
David!
戴维!
Mary. Congratulations, you look, um, very nice. - Thanks.
玛丽 恭喜 你看起来非常..呃 不错 - 谢谢
John, congratulations. You're a lucky man. - Thank you.
约翰 恭喜 你真幸运 - 谢谢
Um, David, this is Sherlock.
戴维 这位是 夏洛克
Um, yeah, we've um... We've met.
嗯... 我们 呃... 我们见过了.
So, what exactly are my duties as an usher?
好了 当迎宾员都要干些什么?
Let's talk about Mary first.
我们先来谈谈玛丽吧
Sorry, what?
抱歉 什么?
Well, I think you know what. You went out with her for two years.
你知道我要说什么的 你们交往过两年
Er, ages ago. We're... We're just good friends now.
很久以前了 我们...我们现在只是好朋友
Is that a fact?Whenever she tweets, you respond within five minutes, regardless of time or current location,
真的吗?只要她一发推特.你总是在五分钟内回复 不管时间跟地点
suggesting you have her on text alert. In your Facebook photographs of the happy couple,
说明你把她设成了信息提醒 .在你的脸书上 只要是他俩的照片
Mary takes centre frame, whereas John is always partly or entirely excluded.
玛丽总是在最中间 约翰不是在边上就是不在相片里
Well, you can't assume from that I've still got some kind of interest in Mary...
你不能因为这些 就认为我还对玛丽有意思...
You volunteered to be a shoulder to cry on on no less than three separate occasions.Do you have anything to say in your defence?
之前至少有三次你自愿借肩膀给她哭,你还有什么要辩驳的吗?
I think from now on, we'll downgrade you to casual acquaintance.No more than three planned social encounters a year
我觉得从现在开始 你应该被降级为普通熟人.碰面一年不能超过三次
and always in John's presence.I have your contact details. I will be monitoring.
而且约翰必须在场,我有你的联系方式.我会看着你的.
They're right about you. You're a bloody psychopath.
他们说得对 你就是个精神病
High functioning sociopath, with your number.
高功能反社会分子 有你号码哦
Hello. Darling. Thank you.
你好 亲爱的 谢谢
You look fabulous. Thank you.
你看起来真棒 谢谢
Thanks for coming, thank you.
谢谢你能来 谢谢
Er, yes, well done in the service, Archie.
是的 仪式上干得好 阿奇.
He's really come out of his shell. I don't know how you did it.
他变得开朗多了 真不知道你是怎么做到的.
Basically it's a cute smile to the bride's side, cute smile to the groom's side and then the rings. - No.
冲着新娘萌笑 然后冲着新郎萌笑 再然后递上戒指. - 不.
And you have to wear the outfit. - No.
你还要穿上套装 - 不.
You really do have to wear the outfit. - What for?
你必须穿上套装. - 为什么?
Grown-ups like that sort of thing. - Why?
大人们想让你穿 - 为什么?
I don't know, I'll ask one.
我不知道 我回头帮你问.
You're a detective. - Yep.
你是侦探 - 是
Have you solved any murders? - Sure, loads.
有破过杀人案吗? - 大把
Can I see? - Yeah, all right.
我能看看吗? - 嗯 可以
What's all the stuff in his eye? -Maggots. -Cool!
他眼里都是些什么? - 蛆 - 酷!
He said you had some pictures for him, as a treat?
他说你拿了些照片招待他?
Er, yes, if he's good.
是的 听话才给看的
Beheadings. - Lovely little village.
斩头照 - 很不错的一个小镇
Hmm? What did you say?
呃? 你刚才说什么?


妙语佳句

Tunnel (pp. & pt. tunnelled)
n.隧道;地道;烟道;(动物栖息的)穴
vi.打通隧道;挖掘隧道
vt.在…挖掘隧道;在…打开通道

The caterpillars tunnel into the fruit to grow and mature.
毛虫钻入果实,并在其中生长为成虫。
…the motorway tunnels under the Hudson river.
哈得孙河下的高速公路隧道

-------------------------------------------------------

Response
n.反应;回答,答复;[宗]回应经文,应唱圣歌

The meeting was called in response to a request from Venezuela.
应委内瑞拉的要求召开了这次会议。
Your positive response will reinforce her actions...
你积极的回应会使她的行为更加坚定。


-------------------------------------------------------

Issue (pp. & pt. issued)
n.问题;(报刊的)期,号;发行物;流出
vt.发行;发布;流出
vi.发行;造成…结果;在…上挑起争论

A key issue for higher education in the 1990's is the need for greater diversity of courses...
20 世纪 90 年代,高等教育的一个重要议题是要使课程更加多样化。
Do not draw it on the chart, however, as this will confuse the issue...
但不用把它画到图上去,因为那样反而会混淆问题的重点。
I read Germaine Greer's article in the March issue with particular interest.
我饶有兴致地阅读了杰曼·格里尔在三月那期发表的文章。
The government issued a warning that the strikers should end their action or face dismissal...
政府发布了警告,要求罢工者停止行动,否则将被解雇。
A tinny voice issued from a speaker.
扬声器里传出了细微的声音。

剧情百科

对于婚礼的筹展工作,Sherlock是十分尽责,把关好所有的物质流动和人际关系,他也做到了。把尽可能出现的一些状况在筹展期间全部解决,让John和Marry在婚礼上舒心愉悦的渡过。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.The rule is that each _____ is worth 5.
题目的规律是每个音节的值是5。
2.Efforts to curb inflation in china are having some _____ side-effects.
在中国为抑制通货膨胀的努力也带来了惨痛的副作用。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.A young man directs traffic near a tunnel.
一名年轻人在隧道外在指挥交通。
2.The appropriate response is probably 'wtf.'
常人的反应大多可能是“搞什么名堂?”

分享到
重点单词
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • ushern. 带位员,招待员 vt. 引导,护送 vi. 做招待
  • alertadj. 警觉的,灵敏的 n. 警戒,警报 vt. 警惕
  • dismissaln. 免职,解雇
  • groomn. 马夫,新郎,男仆 vt. 刷洗,照看马,打扮,有意
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • downgradevt. 使降低,使降级