BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第209期:最大的"老鼠"
日期:2014-09-05 19:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Did they know too?
他们也知道吗
That you spent the last two years playing hide and seek?
你这两年躲猫猫的事
Maybe. - Ah, so that's why they weren't at the funeral!
可能吧. - 怪不得他们没出席葬礼.
Sorry, sorry again. Hmm.Sorry.
抱歉.再次抱歉.对不起
So you've shaved it off then?
你把胡子剃了
Yeah. Wasn't working for me.
是啊.不太适合我
Yeah, I'm glad. - You didn't like it?
太好了. - 你不喜欢吗
No, I prefer my doctors clean-shaven.
我喜欢我的医生胡子刮干净
That's not a sentence you hear every day.
这句话不是每天都能听到
How are you feeling?
你感觉如何
Yeah, not bad. Bit smoked. - Right.
挺好的.有种被烟熏的感觉. - 好吧
Last night, who did that?And why did they target me? - I don't know.
昨天晚上.是谁做的.为什么对我下手. - 我不知道
Is it someone trying to get to you through me?Is it something to do with this terrorist thing you talked about?
是不是有人想通过我针对你.跟你说的恐怖分子有关吗
I don't know, I can't see the pattern.It's too nebulous.
我不知道.我看不出规律.太模糊了
Why would an agent give his life to tell us something incredibly insignificant? That's what's strange.
为什么一个特工会牺牲性命.换来如此微不足道的信息.这很奇怪
Give his life? - According to Mycroft.
牺牲性命. - 麦考夫说的.
There's an underground network planning an attack on London,that's all we know.
有一个地下网络计划袭击伦敦.这是我们的全部信息
These are my rats, John. - Rats?
这些都是我的老鼠.约翰. - 老鼠
My markers, agents, lowlifes.People who might find themselves arrested or their diplomatic immunity suddenly rescinded.
标记.特工.下层人.他们可能会被捕或者被取消外交豁免权
If one of them starts acting suspiciously,we know something's up.
如果其中一人举止可疑.我们就知道有事
Five of them are behaving perfectly normally, but the sixth...
有五个举动完全正常.但第六个
I know him, don't I?
我是不是见过他.
Lord Moran, Peer of the Realm.Minister for Overseas Development.
莫兰勋爵.世袭贵族.海外发展部长
Pillar of the Establishment. - Yes.
政府的栋梁之才. - 是啊
He's been working for North Korea since 1996. - What?
他从1996年开始为朝鲜工作. - 什么.
He's the big rat, rat number one.He's just done something very suspicious indeed.
他是最大的老鼠.他做了一件非常可疑的事


妙语佳句

Reciprocal
adj.相互的;互惠的;倒数的
n.倒数;互相关联的事物

They expected a reciprocal gesture before more hostages could be freed...
在更多人质获得自由之前他们期望看到对方也有相应的表示。
The department said many countries had reciprocal agreements for health care with Britain.
该部门称许多国家和英国签订了医疗卫生互惠协议。

-------------------------------------------------------

Perceive (pp. & pt.perceived)
v.意识到;察觉,发觉;理解

A key task is to get pupils to perceive for themselves the relationship between success and effort...
关键任务是让学生们自己认识到成功和努力之间的关系。
Stress is widely perceived as contributing to coronary heart disease...
压力被广泛认为是导致冠心病的一个因素。
'Precisely what other problems do you perceive?' she asked.
“你究竟还发现了什么问题?”她问道。

剧情百科

虽然还不清楚是谁对自己下黑手。但总得来说没事就好,也因为这件事。John就有了一个理由,名正言顺的回去自己和死党的故居,虽然不用这个理由也是可以的哈。

另方面,在经过多次的排除,Sherlock也找到剩下唯一个有嫌疑的人---Lord Moran.


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Over half the population of this country _____ in sport.
这个国家一半以上的人口参加体育锻炼。
2.How will the ongoing crisis at fukushima reshape the environmental _____?
福岛危机会如何重塑环境争论


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.She sees the bar as a starting point and eventually plans to run her own chain of country inns.
她把那间酒吧当作一个起点,最终计划是经营自己的乡村旅馆连锁店。
2.It seems improbable that this year's figure will fall much below last year's 75,000.
看来今年的数字不大可能比去年的 75,000 差太多。

分享到
重点单词
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • patternn. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型 v. 以图案装饰,仿造
  • peern. 同等的人,同辈,贵族 vi. 凝视,窥视
  • insignificantadj. 无关紧要的,可忽略的,不重要的,无用的
  • realmn. 王国,领域
  • pillarn. 柱子,支柱,核心(人物) vt. 用柱支持
  • establishmentn. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威
  • gesturen. 手势,姿态 v. 作手势表达
  • immunityn. 免疫,免疫性,免除