(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
You said that they wouldn't find me here, you said that I'd be safe here.
你说过他们不可能找到这里来,你说过我在这里很安全。
You are safe. Richard, I'm a witness, they wouldn't harm you in front of witnesses.
你是很安全。理查,我是证人。他们不会当着证人的面伤害你。
So that's your source? Moriarty is Richard Brook?
这就是你的爆料人?莫里亚蒂就是布鲁克?
Of course he's Richard Brook, there is no Moriarty. There never has been.
他就是布鲁克,不存在莫里亚蒂,从来就没有这个人。
What are you talking about?
你说什么胡话?
Look him up. Rich Brook, an actor Sherlock Holmes hired to be Moriarty.
仔细看看他。布鲁克是夏洛克雇来扮演莫里亚蒂的人。
Dr Watson, I know you're a good man, don't, don't, don't hurt me.
华生医生,我知道你是个好人,求你不要上伤害我。
No, you are Moriarty! He's Moriarty! We've met, remember? You were going to blow me up!
不对,你就是莫里亚蒂!他就是莫里亚蒂!我们见过,记得吗?你想把我炸死!
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. He paid me, I needed the work. I'm an actor, I was out of work.
对不起!对不起!他出钱雇我,而我需要活儿,我是个演员,我失业了。
Sherlock, you'd better explain, because I am not getting this.
夏洛克,你最好解释一下,我完全搞不懂了。
I'll be doing the explaining, in print. It's all here, conclusive proof.
我来解释吧,白纸黑字。全在这里,板上钉钉的证据。
You invented James Moriarty, your nemesis.
你虚构出莫里亚蒂,你所谓的夙敌。
Invented him?
虚构出来的?!
He invented all the crimes, actually. And to cap it all, he made up a master villain.
事实上所有的罪案都是他策划的。最厉害的是凭空造出一位犯罪大师。
Don't be ridiculous!
太扯了!
Ask him. He's right here. Just ask him. Tell him, Richard.
问他啊!他就在这里,问他啊。
For God's sake, this man was on trial!
得了吧,他上过庭的。
Yes, and you paid him, pay him to take the rap. Promised you'd rig the jury.
没错,就是你付钱让他背黑锅的,还保证搞定陪审团。
Not exactly a West End role, but I'll bet the money was good.
虽然不是伦敦西区的角色,但我猜钱也不少。
But not so good he didn't want to sell his story.
但也不够多,否则他不会爆料。
I am sorry. I am. I am sorry.
对不起,诚心的,非常抱歉。
So this is the story you're going to publish? The big conclusion of it all, Moriarty's an actor?
你准备发表的就是这个故事?最后的结论就是莫里亚蒂只是个演员?
He knows I am. I have proof. I have proof. Show them… Kitty,show them something.
他心里明白。我有证据,有证据,给他们看……给他们看看!
Yeah, show me something.
好啊,拿出来我看看。
I'm on TV. I'm on kid's Tv. I'm the story-teller. I'm the story-teller. It's on DVD.
我上过电视,是儿童频道,我是讲故事的,我讲故事,出过DVD。
Just tell him. It's all coming out. It's all over. Just tell them! Just tell them! Tell them!
告诉他。反正都这样了,不用瞒了。告诉他们啊,说啊,说啊,
It's all over now. No! Don't you touch me! Don't you lay a finger on me!
还瞒什么啊!不要,别碰我,你休想碰我!
Stop it now!
你耍够了吧?!
Don't hurt me! Don't let him get away!
别伤害我!不要让他过来!
Leave him alone!
放过他!
No, no, no. He'll have back-up.
不行不行,他还有后援。
Do you know what, Sherlock Holmes? I look at you now and I can read you, and you repel me.
你知道吗,我现在算是看透你了,你让我恶心!
妙语佳句
Distant
adj.遥远的;冷漠的,冷淡的;远离的,远隔的;不太清晰的
There is little doubt, however, that things will improve in the not too distant future...
不过事情在不久的将来会有所改善,这几乎毋庸置疑。
He found her cold, ice-like and distant...
他觉得她冷若冰霜,拒人于千里之外。
------------------------------------------------------
Ridiculous
adj.可笑的,荒谬的;荒唐的,愚蠢的;胡枝扯叶
It is ridiculous to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我们正在谈恋爱的说法真是太荒谬了。
It was an absolutely ridiculous decision.
这是一个绝对荒谬的决定。
------------------------------------------------------
Hire (pp. & pt. hired)
vt.聘用;录用;雇用;租用
vi.受雇;得到工作
n.租金;酬金,工钱;[非正式用语] 被雇佣的人;销售部的两个新雇员
He will be in charge of all hiring and firing at PHA.
他将负责公共房产管理局所有人员的雇用和解聘事务。
They booked our hotel, and organised car hire...
他们为我们订好了旅馆并安排了租车事宜。
------------------------------------------------------
Repel (pp. & pt. repelled)
vt.击退;使厌恶;抵制;使不愉快
They have fifty thousand troops along the border ready to repel any attack.
他们有5万人的部队驻扎在边境,随时准备击退任何进攻。
She was very striking but in some way I felt repelled.
她非常引人注目,但我觉得她有些讨厌。
------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion
最后,综上所述
So in conclusion I'd say we really are just at the start of this.
如此在结论中我将会刚好真的说我们是这在开始。
------------------------------------------------------
Go into effect
生效;施行
The change is set to go into effect from january 1.
欧盟的规定将从明年1月1日起生效。
------------------------------------------------------
In front of
在…前面;当着…的面;面前
Suddenly, a dog ran in front of alizon.
忽然间,一只狗在艾丽森面前跑着。
剧情百科
剧情一开始,为了让故事“真实”的继续下去,Moriatry就已经着手自己第二身份。但这只有Sherlock才明白,虽然John很相信Sherlock,此时的他也和其他人一样已经搞不清Sherlock是否真的存在了。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Even the hindu nationalists in the _____ seem to have gotten the message.
甚至印度国籍的代表似乎也明白了这些信息的意思。
2.Not got anyone you can _____ _____?
你不能得到任何人的信任吗?
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.Political accountability will be a distant memory.
政治问责制将成为一个遥远的记忆。
2.The new rules are scheduled to go into effect ondecember 15th.
这项新规定计划将于12月15日生效。