BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第252期:至Sherlock的委托信
日期:2015-02-02 12:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Your car is waiting outside...See you tomorrow.
你的车在外面等著了...明天见.
May I join you?
能聊聊吗?
I don't think it's appropriate.
这样不合适
It isn't. - Mr Magnussen, outside the inquiry,
的确 - 麦格纳森先生 在质询庭外
we can have no contact, no communication at all.
我们不能有接触,完全不能有交流
Please don't do that.
请别这样
In 1982, your husband corresponded with Helen Catherine Driscoll.
1982年 你丈夫跟海伦·凯瑟琳·德斯科通信
That was before I knew him.
那是我认识他之前的事了
The letters were lively, loving...some would say explicit.
那些信情意绵绵,有些可以说是露骨
And currently in my possession.
而现在信在我手上
Will you please move your hand?
你能把手拿开吗
"I long, my darling, to know the touch of your...body."
亲爱的,我渴望爱抚你的胴体
I know what was in the letters.
我知道信裡都写了些什麼
She was 15.
她才15岁
She looked older.
她的样子比较成熟
Oh, she looked delicious. We have photographs too.
她很漂亮 我们还有照片
The ones she sent him.
她寄给你丈夫的照片
Yum-yum.
小美人
He was unaware of her age.
他并不知道她的年龄
He met her only once before the letters began.
他们通信前只见过一次面
When he discovered the truth, he stopped immediately.Those are the facts.
他知道真相后就立刻停止通信了,事实就是这样
Facts are for history books. I work in news.
事实有史书记载 而我是做新闻的
Your hand is sweating.
你的手在出汗
Always, I'm afraid. I have a condition.
恐怕一向如此 我有这毛病
It's disgusting.
真噁心
I'm used to it.The whole world is wet to my touch.
我习惯了,整个世界都在我的触摸下湿润
I will call someone, I will have you removed.
我要叫人请你走了
What is that?
什麼香味
Claire de la Lune?
月光香水
A bit young for you, isn't it?
对你来说有点年轻了吧
You want to hit me now? Could you, still?Little old lady now.
你想打我 现在还行吗?你年纪大了
Perhaps you should settle for calling someone.
也许还是叫人来吧
Well, go on.No?
叫啊,不叫吗
Because now there are consequences.I have the letters and therefore I have you.
因為你知道后果很严重,信在我手上 你就跑不掉
This is blackmail.
这是勒索
Of course it isn't blackmail. This is...Ownership. - You do not own me.
怎麼会是勒索呢 这是,所有权 - 你休想.
Claire de la Lune.
月光
It never tastes like it smells, does it?
味道一向不如气味甜美 是吧
Lady Smallwood's bill is on me. See to it. - Yes, Mr Magnussen.
斯茅伍德夫人的消费记在我账上 关照一下. - 是 麦格纳森先生
Oh, God!
天哪
You all right, ma'am? - Fine, yes.
你没事吧? 夫人 - 没事
Magnussen!No-one stands up to him.No-one dares, no-one even tries.
麦格纳森.没人敢反抗他,没人敢,甚至没人敢试试
There isn't a man or woman in England capable of stopping that disgusting creature...
英国没有人,能阻止那个噁心的禽兽...
Ma'am? - Turn the car around.We're going back into town. Turn around.
夫人 - 掉头,我们回市中心 掉头
Where are we going, ma'am?
去哪裡 夫人
Baker Street.
贝克街


妙语佳句

Perpetual
adj.永久的;不断的;无期限的;四季开花的

He and his wife would be compelled to live perpetually as second-class citizens.
他和妻子将被迫永远做二等公民。
I thought her perpetual complaints were going to prove too much for me.
我想我再也受不了她无休无止的抱怨了。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tackle (pp. & pt. tackled)
n.用具,装备;索具;阻挡;阻截队员
vt.着手处理;[橄榄球]擒住并摔倒(一名对方球员);给(马)配上挽具
vi.擒住并摔倒一名对手

The first reason to tackle these problems is to save children's lives...
果断处理这些问题的首要原因是为了挽救孩子们的生命。
Foley tackled the quarterback.
福利成功拦截了四分卫。
I tackled him about how anyone could live amidst so much poverty.
我坦率地问他,人在如此贫穷的环境中如何还能生存。
He claims Pasolini overtook and tackled him, pushing him into the dirt.
他声称帕索利尼追上去打他,把他推倒在烂泥里。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitting
n.试穿,试衣;设备,器材;装置;装修
adj.适合的,适宜的;适当的;相称的
v.使适合(fit的现在分词);使合身;与…相符;安装

He has made fittings for antique cars.
他给老式汽车制作过配件。
A solitary man, it was perhaps fitting that he should have died alone...
他是个离群索居的人,孤独地死去也许正得其所。
Fittingly, she will spend her year off training her voice to sing blues and jazz.
恰好她要休息一年,用来练唱蓝调和爵士乐。
She lunched and shopped and went for fittings for clothes she didn't need.
她吃完午饭后去购物,试穿了一些她并不需要的衣服。

剧情百科


Lady Alicia Smallwood,一个权力与Mycroft平分秋色的人,一个完美无瑕基本无缺陷的女人。最终却是让Mr Magnussen知道软肋而被挟持。在Lady Alicia Smallwood最无助,最想要帮助的时候,她想到了一个也唯一一个可以制服他的人——Sherlock holmes.


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Provincial barriers to trade _____ the efficient allocation of resources.
各省的贸易壁垒阻碍了资源的有效分配。
2.He never reads individual user profiles; he only sees data _____ _____ _____.
他从来不阅读单个用户的个人资料;他仅仅整体研究这些数据。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Investors in singapore recently could buy so-called perpetual bonds through automated teller machines.
新加坡投资者最近可以通过自动售货机购买所谓的永久债券。
2.Many remember with pride his stand against the 2003 american-led invasion of iraq.
许多人自豪地记起他反对2003年美国主导的侵略伊拉克之战的立场。


分享到
重点单词
  • possessionn. 财产,所有,拥有
  • ownershipn. 所有权
  • unawareadj. 没有发觉的,不知道的
  • inquiryn. 打听,询问,调查,查问 =enquiry(英)
  • provincialn. 乡下人,地方人民 adj. 省的,地方的,偏狭的
  • efficientadj. 效率高的,胜任的
  • antiqueadj. 古代的 n. 古物,古董
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • povertyn. 贫困,贫乏
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(