BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第147期:足以看透一切的能力
日期:2013-09-08 15:21

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You're him. - Wrong toilet.
是你! - 进错厕所了你。
I'm a big fan. - Evidently.
我是你的超级粉丝。 - 显而易见。
I read your cases, follow them all. Sign my shirt, would you?
我读了你那些案子,一直在追。在我衬衫上签个名好吗?
There are two types of fans. Catch me before I kill again, Type A.
我的粉丝分两种。有本事在下次谋杀前抓住我,这是第一种。
What's Type B? - Your bedroom's just a taxi ride away.
那B呢? - 搭个出租就到我家了。
Guess which one I am ?
你猜我是哪种
Neither. - Really?
都不是。 - 是吗?
No,you're not a fan at all. Those marks on your forearm, edge of a desk.
你根本不是我粉丝。你前臂上的压痕,是在桌子边缘压的。
You've been typing in a hurry, probably, pressure on, facing a deadline.
你应该很匆忙地打了字,截稿时间到了,压力山大。
That's all?
就这样?
There's a smudge of ink on your wrist, a bulge in your left jacket pocket.
你的手腕上有墨迹,上衣口袋鼓起。
Bit of a giveaway?
有点露馅了。
The smudge is deliberate, to see if I'm as good as they say I am.
那污点是故意弄的,你想看看我是不是像别人说的那么厉害。
Hmm,Oil-based, used in newspaper print. But drawn on with an index finger, your finger.
油墨,报纸印刷用的。不过是用你自己的食指抹的。
Journalist. Unlikely you get your hands dirty at the press. You put that there to test me.
作为记者,你不太可能在报社沾到油墨。你抹在那里是试探我。
WOW, I'm liking you.
我开始喜欢你了。
You may like a great feature, "Sherlock Holmes, the man beneath the hat".
我替你想好标题了,"夏洛克·福尔摩斯 帽檐下的真相"。
Kitty. Riley. Pleased to meet you.
凯蒂,莱利。很高兴见面。
Nah, I'm just saving you the job of asking. No , I won't give you an interview. No, I don't want the money.
我还是帮你免了这一问吧。不,我不接受采访,也不需要钱。
You and John Watson, just platonic?Can I put you down for a "No" there as well?
你和约翰·华生只是精神伴侣吗?我能否在这个问题上也记个"不"呢?
There's all sorts of gossip in the press about you.
新闻界有你们俩各种各样的绯闻。
Sooner or later, you're going to need someone on your side. Someone to set the record straight.
迟早你会需要个和你同一战线的人,一个帮你澄清流言的人。
You think you're the girl for that job, do you?
你以为你能完成这种工作吗?
I'm smart and you can trust me, totally.
我很聪明,你可以完全信任我。
Smart? OK, investigative journalist.
聪明,好吧,调查型记者。
Good. Well, look at me and tell me what you see.
很好,看着我说出你看到了什么。
If you're that skiful, you don't need an interview, you can just read what you need.
如果你能力出众,你根本就不需要采访。你可以直接读到你要的一切。
No? OK, my turn. I look at you and I see someone who's still waiting for their first big scoop,
做不到?还是我来吧。我看你在寻找职业生涯的第一份独家新闻
so their editor will notice them. You're wearing an expensive skirt, that's been rehemmed twice.
以得到编辑的关注,你穿了条昂贵的短裙,还改过两次裙边。
Only posh skirt you've got. Your nails, you can't afford to do them that often.
这是你仅有的高档裙子。你的指甲,没钱经常保养。
I see someone who's hungry, I don't see smart. I definitely don't see trustworthy.
我看到了一个欲望强烈的人,我看到的不是聪明,当然更不是可靠。
I'll give you a quote, if you like. Three little words: you repel me.
我给你句引语吧,五个字:你让我恶心。

妙语佳句

Develop (pt&pp.developed)
vi.发展;生长;形成;发达
vt.使发展;使发育;开发;培育

It's hard to say at this stage how the market will develop...
在现阶段,很难说市场将会如何发展
Over the last few years tourism here has developed considerably.
在过去几年里,这里的旅游业获得了相当大的发展

------------------------------------------------------
Investigative
adj.调查性质的;研究的;爱调查研究的

Its ad hoc investigative report is due at any moment.
其专门调查小组的报告随时都可能出炉。

------------------------------------------------------
Definitely (比较级:more definitely 最高级:most definitely)
adv.明确地;确切地;一定地;肯定地
int.(表强烈的肯定)当然

I'm definitely going to get in touch with these people...
肯定会跟这些人取得联系。
He told them that no venue had yet been definitely decided.
他告诉他们还没有确定下场地。

------------------------------------------------------
Do away with
废除, 消灭, 去掉;涤除;搞掉

The long-range goal must be to do away with nuclear weapons altogether.
远期目标必须是将核武器尽数销毁


剧情百科

Kitty的盛情邀请却被Sherlock无情冷漠的拒绝,Sherlock的强悍推理能力彻底让Kitty震撼和惊恐,也包含了憎怒。Sherlock很喜欢炫耀自己的天赋让人看起来自己是那么的与众不同,但是,这种交际方式真的不会给自己带来麻烦吗?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.They don't want you to _____ your account.
他们不想让你删除你的账户。
2.There is no consensus _____ changing this dramatically.
对急剧改变这一模式的支持还没达成一致。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Inditex is trying to develop new brands.
inditex正在尝试发展新的品牌。
2.The imf has for years been urging syria to do away with subsidies.
国际货币基金组织多年来一直敦促叙利亚废除其补助政策。

分享到
重点单词
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • wristn. 手腕,护腕
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • scoopn. 铲子,舀取,独家新闻,一勺,穴 vt. 汲取,舀取
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • repelvt. 排斥,抵触,使反感
  • consensusn. 共识,一致,合意 n. [生理]交感
  • smudgen. 污点,渍痕,浓烟 v. (使)变脏,(使)模糊
  • platonicadj. 柏拉图哲学的,柏拉图主义的,理想的,不切实际的
  • bulgen. 膨胀,优势,暴增 vt. 使 ... 膨胀 vi.