BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第198期:天才眼中我们是什么
日期:2014-08-25 10:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


All very interesting, Sherlock,but the terror alert has been raised to critical.
你说的很有趣.夏洛克.恐怖威胁等级已升至最高级
Boring. Your move.
无聊.该你了
We have solid information, an attack IS coming.
我们有可靠消息.袭击即将发生
Solid information,a secret terrorist organisation is planning an attack...
一个秘密恐怖组织计划发动袭击
That's what secret terrorist organisations do,isn't it? It's their version of golf.
秘密恐怖组织就是干这个的.对吧.这是他们玩的高尔夫
An agent gave his life to tell us that.
一名特工为了传达这条情报牺牲了
Oh, well, perhaps he shouldn't have done.He was obviously just trying to show off.
也许他不该这么做,他显然只是想出出风头
None of these 'markers' of yours is behaving in any way suspiciously?Your move.
你的那些标记,没有任何值得怀疑的举动吗?该你了
No, Mycroft, but you have to trust me.I'll find the answer.
没有.麦考夫.你要相信我,我会找到答案
But it'll be in an odd phrase in an on-line blog,or an unexpected trip to the countryside,
可能是网上博客里的一个奇怪短语,或者一趟意外的乡间旅程
or a misplaced lonely hearts ad.Your move!
或者一个放错位置的交友广告,该你了!
I've given the Prime Minister.my personal assurance you're on the case.
我亲口向首相担保,你会参与这个案子
I am on the case, we both are, look at us right now.
我参与了.我们都是.不然我们在干什么.
Oh, bugger! - Whoopsy!
什么. - 搞砸喽!
Can't handle a broken heart. How very telling.
无法修补破碎的心.太能说明问题了.
Don't be smart.
别自作聪明
That takes me back."Don't be smart, Sherlock, I'm the smart one."
以前你就这么说,别自作聪明了.夏洛克.我比你聪明
I am the smart one.
我的确比你聪明
I used to think I was an idiot.
我以前以为我是个白痴
Both of us thought you were an idiot, Sherlock.We had nothing else to go on, until we met other children.
我也以为你是个白痴.夏洛克.在认识别的孩子之前.我们都这么认为
Oh, yes, that was a mistake. - Ghastly.What were they thinking of?
是啊.真不该跟别的孩子交往. - 可不是.他们那时候脑袋里都装着什么
Probably something about trying to make friends.
大概是交朋友什么的吧
Oh, yes. Friends.Of course, you go in for that sort of thing now.
说得对.朋友啊!不过你现在也开始交朋友了
And you don't? Ever?
你没交过朋友吗.从来没有
If you seem slow to me, Sherlock,can you imagine what real people are like?
夏洛克.如果你我都嫌笨.你能想象其他人在我眼中是什么样吗
I'm living in a world of goldfish.
我身边全是金鱼啊
Yes, but I've been away for two years.
没错.但我离开了两年了
So? - Oh, I don't know,I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a...
那又如何.-我也不知道 - 我以为你给自己找到了一只...
goldfish. - Change the subject, now.
金鱼.-换个话题吧
Rest assured, Mycroft,whatever this underground network of yours is up to,
放心吧.麦考夫,无论这个地下网络在谋划什么
the secret will reside in something seemingly insignificant or bizarre.
秘密一定就隐藏在看似无关紧要或奇怪的东西里
Speaking of which...
说到这个...
I can't believe it. I just can't believe it!Him sitting in his chair again.
难以置信.我就是不敢相信,他又坐在这把椅子上了
Oh, isn't it wonderful, Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生.这多令人兴奋啊
I can barely contain myself. - Oh, he really can, you know.
我真是兴奋难耐啊. - 他肯定耐得住
He's secretly pleased to see you, underneath all that.
他就是嘴硬.见到你他心里肯定高兴坏了
Sorry, which of us?
抱歉."他"指的是谁
Both of you.
你们俩都是



妙语佳句

Vanish (pp. & pt. vanished)
vi.消失;突然不见;消亡,消灭;[数]化为零
vt.使消失,使不见
n.[语音学]消失音,弱化音

Anne vanished from outside her home last Wednesday...
安妮上周三突然在家门外失踪了。
Near the end of Devonian times, thirty percent of all animal life vanished...
在泥盆纪末期,30%的动物物种都灭绝了。

-------------------------------------------------------

Irritating
adj.气人的,使人不愉快的;<医>起刺激作用的
v.使恼怒,使急躁;使感到不适,使疼痛

They also have the irritating habit of interrupting.
他们还有打岔的烦人习惯。
In heavy concentrations, ozone is irritating to the eyes, nose and throat.
高浓度的臭氧会对眼睛、鼻子和咽喉有刺激作用。

-------------------------------------------------------

Insurance
n.保险,保险业;保险费;预防措施
adj.[体]巩固球队领先局面,使对手不能因增加一分而成平局的

We recommend that you take out travel insurance on all holidays.
我们建议您为所有假期都购买旅行保险。
The country needs a defence capability as insurance against the unexpected.
国家需要有一定的防御能力,以应对不可预知的情况。

剧情百科

如果说Sherlock小时候在哥哥Mycroft眼中是白痴的话,那么远没有他们聪明的我们在Mycroft眼中又是什么呢?不敢想象!不过话说回来,恐怖威胁等级已升至最高级,Sherlock还是轻松自在,胸有成竹,他是有把握呢?还是有把握呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Already, google _____ promises to make plastic obsolete.
现在谷歌钱包淘汰信用卡的势头已经初现端倪。
2._____ can occur up to several days after a biopsy.
在活组织检查后的几天都有可能出血


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.They complimented me on the way I looked each time they saw me...
每次见到我,他们都称赞我的外貌。
2.The authorities offered to stop firing missiles if the rebels agreed to stop attacking civilian targets.
当局表示,如果叛乱分子答应停止攻击平民目标,就不再发射导弹

分享到
重点单词
  • residevi. 居留,属于
  • insignificantadj. 无关紧要的,可忽略的,不重要的,无用的
  • capabilityn. 能力,才能,性能,容量
  • assurancen. 保证,确信,肯定,自信,(人寿)保险
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • irritatingadj. 刺激的,使愤怒的,气人的 动词irritate
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花
  • alertadj. 警觉的,灵敏的 n. 警戒,警报 vt. 警惕
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭