BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第140期:一切都能解释得通
日期:2013-07-19 20:08

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I'm so sorry, Dad.
对不起,爸爸,
No, Henry, no, no! - Get back!
不,亨利,别这样,-别过来,
Get away from me! - Easy, Henry, easy. Just relax.
离我远点,-别紧张,亨利,放松,
I know what I am, I know what I tried to do.
我知道我是谁,我知道我要做什么,
Just put the gun down, it's OK.
把枪放下,没事了,
No, no! I know what I am!
不,我知道我是谁,
Yes, I'm sure you do, Henry.
是的,你当然知道,亨利,
It's all been explained to you, hasn't it?
这一切都能解释得通了吧,
Explained very carefully. - What?
非常清楚了, - 什么,
Someone needed to keep you quiet,
有人要让你闭嘴,
needed to keep you as a child,
让你走不出童年的阴影,
to reassert the dream you both clung on to,
让你再次被当年的噩梦折磨,
because you had started to remember.
因为你开始想起来了,
Remember now, Henry, you've got to remember
快想起来,亨利,你必须想起来,
what happened here when you were a little boy.
你小时候这里究竟发生了什么,
I thought it had got my dad.
我觉得它抓住了我爸爸,
The hound. I thought... Jesus!
那条猎犬,我以为...天啊,
I don't... I don't know any more! I don't!
我不...我什么都不知道了,不知道,
No, Henry! Henry, for God's sake!
不,亨利,求你了,
Henry, remember. "Liberty In." Two words.
亨利,再想想,"自由","在",这两个词,
Two words a frightened little boy saw here 20 years ago.
20年前一个吓坏了的孩子看到的两个词,
You'd started to piece things together.
这样你就能想明白一切,
Remember what happened here that night.
想起那天晚上发生了什么事,
It wasn't an animal, was it, Henry?
其实不是动物吧,亨利,
Not a monster.A man.
不是个怪物,而是个人,

妙语佳句

Disaster
n.灾难;彻底的失败;不幸;祸患

Many had lost all in the disaster and were destitute.
很多人被灾难夺去了一切,变得一无所有。

------------------------------------------------------
Reassert (pt&pp.reasserted)
vt.再断言,重复主张

The adults had reasserted their old authority.
大人们重申他们旧时的权威。

------------------------------------------------------
Explain (pt&pp.explained)
vt.& vi.讲解,解释
vt.说明…的原因,辩解
vi.说明,解释,辩解

Don't sign anything until your solicitor has explained the contract to you...
在律师向你解释清楚合同之前,不要签署任何东西。
Before she ran away, she left a note explaining her actions...
逃跑前,她留下一张便条解释原委。

------------------------------------------------------
In dispute
在争论中

Properties whose disposal right is limited or in dispute.
处分权受到限制或者有争议的财产。

剧情百科

好在Sherlock和John及时赶到,不然可怜的Henry就要成为枪下亡魂了。在Sherlock简明易懂的解释下,Henry也很快清晰的回忆当年袭击他父亲的不是一头怪物,而是一个人。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Life is too short to be stuck doing something you _____.
人生太短暂,不要做那些你鄙视的事情。
2.Most visitors will _____ the theme parks but it's worth poking around the city too.
大部分的游客会直接前往主题公园,但是奥兰多城区还是很值得一逛的。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案

1.So far rust has not caused a disaster.
到目前为止,锈病并没有造成灾害
2.The matter in dispute is the ownership of a house.
目前争论的事是一所房子的所有权。

分享到
重点单词
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • disastern. 灾难
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • frightenedadj. 受惊的,受恐吓的
  • ownershipn. 所有权
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • themen. 题目,主题
  • disposaln. 处理,处置,布置,配置 n. 垃圾粉碎机
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端