(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Pretty good.Just hold your nerve on your turning.
非常不错 转圈时身体保持好
Why do we have to rehearse?
为什么要彩排?
Because we are about to dance together in public and your skills are appalling.
我们要在大家面前跳舞啊 而你跳得实在吓人
Wow, you're a good teacher.And you're a brilliant dancer.
哇 你还真是位好老师 你跳得也不错
Can I let you in on something, Janine? - Go on, then.
我能告诉你一个小秘密吗 珍妮? - 你说
I love dancing, I've always loved it.
我喜欢跳舞 一直都很喜欢
Seriously? - Watch out.
真的吗? - 看好了.
Never really comes up in crime work, but, you know,I live in hope of the right case.
这在探案活动中可不会出现 但是 我希望能在合适的场合中展现出来
Oh, I wish you weren't...whatever it is you are. - I know.
我希望你不是...不管你是什么 我明白
Well, glad to see you've pulled, Sherlock, what with murderers running riot at my wedding.
夏洛克 很高兴你帮我解决了凶手在婚礼上制造混乱
One murderer... One nearly murderer.Loves to exaggerate,you should try living with him.
一个凶手...没有得手的凶手 他就喜欢夸张 你跟他住一阵子就知道了
Sherlock.Got him for you.
夏洛克 我帮你把他叫来了
Ah, the photographer, excellent. Thank you.
啊 摄影师先生 非常好 谢谢
May I have a look at your camera?
我能看看你的相机吗?
Erm, what's this about? I was halfway home.
这是怎么了? 我还有一半路就到家了
You should have driven faster.
你应该开得更快些
Ah, yes. Yes!Very good.Now you see... Perfect.
好 很好!非常好 你看...太棒了
What is? Are you going to tell us?
怎么了? 你能告诉大家吗?
Try looking yourself.
看看你自己
Look for what? Is the murderer in these photographs?
看什么? 难道凶手是照片里的人吗?
It's not what's in the photographs,it's what's not in them. Not in any of them.
凶手是不在照片里的人 他不在照片之中 一张都没有
Sherlock?The showing-off thing, we've discussed it before...
夏洛克?我们之前谈过的 这种故弄玄虚的事...
There is always a man at a wedding who is not in any photograph,who can go anywhere.
在婚礼上总会有一个不会出现在照片中的人 而他可以出入各种地方
And even carry an equipment bag around with him if he likes.
而且如果他愿意的话 还可以背着器材包
And you never even see his face.You only ever see...
你绝对看不到他的脸 你只能看到...
妙语佳句
Priest
n.神父,牧师;司铎,司祭;领导者;神甫
vt.使成为神职人员
He had trained to be a Catholic priest.
他受训成为了一名天主教神父。
The priest fumbled in the folds of his gown.
牧师胡乱整了整长袍上的褶皱。
-------------------------------------------------------
Violate (pp. & pt. violated)
vt.违反;妨碍;侵犯;亵渎,强奸
They went to prison because they violated the law...
他们触犯了法律,因此坐了牢。
To deprive the boy of his education is a violation of state law...
剥夺这个男孩受教育的权利是一种违反国家法律的行为。
A government which is a known violator of human rights.
一个众所周知的践踏人权的政府
These men were violating her family's privacy.
这些人侵犯了她的家庭隐私。
Detectives are still searching for those who violated the graveyard.
侦探们仍在搜捕那些亵渎了墓园的家伙。
-------------------------------------------------------
Out of the question
不值得讨论的,不可能的;谈不上
Sending everyone back to school for maths refresher-courses seems out of the question.
把大家都送回到学校重新学习数学课程似乎不可能。
Germany's demands were out of the question, and england answered by declaring war.
德国的要求不可能行得通,所以英国以宣战作为答复。
-------------------------------------------------------
Intimidate (pp. & pt. intimidated)
vt.恐吓,威胁
Attempts to intimidate people into voting for the governing party did not work.
胁迫人们为执政党投票的企图没有成功。
An inquiry into allegations of intimidation during last week's vote.
对上周投票期间出现胁迫投票的指控的调查
剧情百科
婚照里不会出现的人?是的,摄影师,他们能只有穿梭婚礼现场每个角落,铺抓每一个甜蜜的瞬间。但如果是别有心机的摄影师,那么这场凶案是有可能发生,唯独摄影师在接近Major Shalot时少校没有起疑心,因为要站位拍摄!那么就是那个时候,摄影师凶手就可以下手了。那么这个凶手就是摄影师吗?
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.There's really a lack of _____ in the game.
足球比赛缺乏一种熟练和精妙。
2.Deliver your words like a flow of water. Speak _____ _____ _____, be clear and maintain continuity.
你的话语要像流水一样顺畅,语言要中肯、简洁,并保持连贯性。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.The Prime Minister pondered on when to go to the polls...
首相斟酌着何时前往投票地点。
2.Do you still visit borchers once in a while?
你偶尔还去拜访博尔克斯吗?