BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第213期:最后的遗言
日期:2014-09-10 12:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


My God!
我的天啊
Why didn't you call the police?! - Can you just...?
你为什么不报警? - 你能不能.
Why do you never call the police?!
为什么你总是不报警?
Well, it's no use now.
现在说这个没用
So you can't switch the bomb off?!You can't switch the bomb off and you didn't call the police!
你真的没法拆除炸弹?你没法拆除炸弹.还没报警
Go, John. Go now!
走吧.约翰.你走吧
There's no point now, is there, because there's not enough time to get away
跑还有什么意义?因为我肯定跑不远
and if we don't do this, other people will die!
而且我们要是不拆掉炸弹.其他人也会死
Mind palace!Use your mind palace!
思维殿堂.启用你的思维殿堂
How will that help?
那有什么用
You've salted away every fact under the sun!
你不是把天底下的一切信息都存在脑子里了吗
And you think I've just got "How to defuse a bomb" tucked away in there somewhere?! - Yes!
所以你觉得我脑子里什么地方还存着"拆弹指南"吗? - 没错!
Maybe.
也许吧
Think!Think, please think.Think!
想想,拜托了.好好想想!!努力想!
I can't!
我做不到!
Oh, my God!
天啊
This is it.
就这样了
Oh, my God!
我的天
Turn that off. Oh, God!
关掉.天啊
I'm sorry. - What?
我很抱歉. - 什么
I can't, I can't do it, John.I don't know how.Forgive me. - What?!
我.我做不到.约翰,我不知道该怎么办?原谅我. - 什么
Please, John, forgive me,for all the hurt that I caused you.
拜托了.约翰.原谅我.原谅我对你造成的所有伤害
No, no, no, no, no, no, this is a trick. - No.
不.这又是你的把戏. - 不是
Another one of your bloody tricks.- No.
这又是你的鬼把戏. - 不是.
You're just trying to make me say something nice. - Not this time.
你想让我说点好话 - 这次不是
It's just to make you look good even though you've behaved like...
你只是想扮好人.尽管你做了那种事...
I wanted you not to be dead.
我曾希望你不要死
Yeah, well, be careful what you wish for.
那你许愿的时候应该谨慎点
If I hadn't come back, you wouldn't be standing there and...
我要是没回来.你就不会站在这里
You'd still have a future, with Mary. - Yeah, I know.
你跟玛丽还有大好未来. - 是的.我知道
Look, I find it difficult.I find it difficult, this sort of stuff. - I know.
听着.我很难开口我很难开口说这种话. - 我知道.
You were the best and the wisest man that I have ever known.
你是我所认识的最好.也最聪明的人.
Yes, of course I forgive you.
我当然原谅你


妙语佳句

Performance
n.表演;演技;表现;执行

The Festival Of Asian Arts & Music will include two days of live performances.
亚洲艺术音乐节将安排两天的现场表演。
The poor performance has been blamed on the recession and cheaper sports car imports...
业绩不佳的原因被归咎于经济衰退和低价跑车的进口。
The people believe that the performance of this ritual is the will of the Great Spirit.
该部族的人认为举行这种仪式是大神的意志。
She made a big performance of sprinkling all the spices on.
她费了不少劲才把所有的香料都撒在上面。

-------------------------------------------------------

Specific
adj.明确的;特种的;具体的;[免疫学]特效的
n.特效药;特性;细节;显著的性质,特性

Massage may help to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body...
按摩有助于增加身体特定部位的血液流量。
These nerve centres generate rhythmic movements; or to be more specific, rhythmic stomach movements...
这些神经中心产生有节奏的运动,或者更确切地说,是有节奏的肠胃蠕动。
Send your resume with a cover letter that is specific to that particular job.
寄出你的简历并附上一份针对那个特定工作岗位的附函。

-------------------------------------------------------

Measure (pp. & pt. measured)
n.测量,测度;措施;程度;尺寸
vt.测量;估量
vi.测量;测量(大小,容量,尺寸等)

A grammar school's success was measured in terms of the number of pupils who got into university...
一所文法学校成功与否是以考上大学的学生人数为衡量依据的。
He measured the speed at which ultrasonic waves travel along the bone.
他测出了超声波穿过骨头的速度。
This hand-decorated plate measures 30cm across...
这只手工绘制的盘子直径为30厘米。
The colonies were claiming a larger measure of self-government.
殖民地正要求获得更大程度上的自治。
It is a measure of their plight that few of them have anywhere to go to...
他们几乎全都无处可归,看得出他们是陷入了困境。

剧情百科

人将之死 其言也善。John终于按捺不住内心,坦诚的说出对Sherlock的评价,并且早已原谅他了。John其实早预料,这么神通广大的Sherlock岂是那么容易死呢?但他却对自己的想法不确定。他与Sherlock不同,有着感性的一面:有些话如果不说,那么以后都会没机会说了。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.For the justice department, the synthes case posed an _____ opportunity.
辛迪斯案例为司法部门提供了一个前所未有的机会。
2.Com's capable statisticians, I have tried to _____ the most obvious fatalities.
凭借专业汽车网站Edmunds.com的强大数据,我尽力剔除了那些已明显消亡的车型。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Inside the theatre, they were giving a performance of Bizet's Carmen.
在剧院里,他们正在演出比才的作品《卡门》。
2.Specific groups may be formed to address specific issues.
可能会组成特别小组去解决特定问题。

分享到
重点单词
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • measuren. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸 v. 测量,量
  • ritualn. 仪式,典礼,宗教仪式,固定程序 adj. 仪式的,
  • resumev. 再继续,重新开始 n. 简历,履历; 摘要
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • generatevt. 产生,发生,引起
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me