BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第201期:疑神疑鬼都是自己的错觉
日期:2014-08-28 12:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


This is Mr Blake. Piles.
这是布莱克先生.痔疮
Mr Blake, hi.
您好.布莱克先生
And your pen-pal's emails just stopped, did they?
你的网友再也没发过邮件.对吗
And you really thought he was the one, didn't you?The love of your life?
你觉得他就是你的真命天子吗?是值得托付终生的人
Stepfather posing as on-line boyfriend. - What?
她的继父假扮了网聊男友. - 你说什么
Breaks it off, breaks her heart.She swears off relationships, stays at home.
然后一刀两断.让她伤心欲绝.她对感情心灰意冷.宅在家里
He still has her wage coming in.
这样他就可以继续花她的钱
Mr Windibank, you have been a complete and utter... - Piss pot.
韦迪班克先生.你真是一个彻头彻尾的... - 尿壶[小人]
It's nothing to worry about,just a small infection, by the sound of it.
无需担心.应该只是轻微感染而已.
Dr Verner is your usual GP, yes?
您一般是去找维纳医生.是吧
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He looked after me man and boy.
没错.从小到大一直是他
I run a little shop just on the corner of Church Street.
我在彻奇街角开了一家店
Oh. - Magazines and DVDs.I've brought along a few little beauties that might interest you...
是吗. - 卖杂志和光盘 ..我带来一些好玩意.你可能会感兴趣
Tree Worshippers. Oh, that's a corker. It's very saucy.
《爱树人》.精彩刺激.猛料十足
And British Birds. Same sort of thing.
还有《英国美人》.同样劲爆
I'm fine, thanks.
我不需要.谢谢
The Holy War.Sounds a bit dry, I know,but there's a nun
《圣战》.我知道.听起来有点枯燥.但里面有个修女
with all these holes in her habit...
她的修女服上有好多洞.
Jesus! Sherlock.
天哪.夏洛克
What? - What do you want?
什么. - 你到底想干什么
Have you come to torment me?
你是来折磨我的吗
What are you talking about? - "What are you talking...?
你在说什么. - 你在说什...
What, do you think I'm going to be fooled by this bloody beard?!
怎么.你以为带个假胡子就能骗过我了吗
You're crazy! - No, no, no, no, no.
你疯了. - 不.不.不要这样
It's not as good as your French! Not as good as your French.
不如法语装得像.烂透了
It's not even a good disguise, Sherlock!
这种伪装你也好意思拿得出手.夏洛克
Where did you get it from, a bloody joke shop...?!
你从哪买的道具.搞笑商店吗
Oh, my God!I, I am so sorry.
竟然搞错了.我非常抱歉
Oh, my God!Please...It's fine.
老天.真的很抱歉.我们没事


妙语佳句

Traitor
n.卖国贼;叛徒;背叛者;背信弃义的人

Some say he's a traitor to the working class.
一些人说他是工人阶级的叛徒。
Rumours that there were traitors among us who were sending messages to the enemy.
关于我们中间有叛徒向敌人通风报信的传言

-------------------------------------------------------

Ridiculous
adj.可笑的,荒谬的;荒唐的,愚蠢的;胡枝扯叶

It is ridiculous to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我们正在谈恋爱的说法真是太荒谬了。
It was an absolutely ridiculous decision.
这是一个绝对荒谬的决定。

-------------------------------------------------------

Absurd
adj.荒谬的;荒唐的;无理性的,杂乱无章的;荒诞主义的,荒诞的
n.无价值,无意义

It is absurd to be discussing compulsory redundancy policies for teachers...
讨论针对教师的强制裁员政策真是滑稽可笑。
Prices were still absurdly low, in his opinion...
在他看来,价格依然低得离谱。
I find myself growing increasingly angry at the absurdity of the situation.
对如此荒谬可笑的情况我感到越来越生气。

剧情百科

John的神经质也真够大的,总觉得Sherlock会一而再再而三的乔装打扮戏耍自己。反看Sherlock却与新助手Molly一起共事!看来这次乌龙,John还是没能学会Sherlock半点的判断能力啊~~


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.I couldn't read or _____ a word of Yiddish, so I asked him to translate.
我根本不意第绪语,所以请他来翻译。
2.Higher education is unequally distributed across _____ classes...
社会各个阶层享受高等教育的权利是不平等的。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.This trademark phrase from wetpaint coo rob grady is particularly apt in google's case.
Wetpaint公司首席运营官罗布•格雷迪这个犹如商标广告词般的说法放在谷歌公司身上尤为贴切。

2.Hubble then began to observe more details about galaxies.
哈勃那时候开始观察星系的更多细节。

分享到
重点单词
  • tormentn. 苦痛,拷问 v. 使苦恼,拷问
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • trademarkn. 商标
  • disguisen. 假面目,伪装物,假装 vt. 假装,假扮,掩饰
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • utteradj. 全然的,绝对,完全 v. 发出,作声,发表
  • aptadj. 恰当的,聪明的,易于 ... 的 abbr.
  • absurdityn. 荒谬,悖理,荒谬的事
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的