BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第152期:Moriarty最终难题
日期:2013-09-18 16:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

How hard do you find it, having to say "I don't know"?
对你来说,说句"我不知道"有多困难?
I don't know.
我不知道。
That's clever. That's very clever, awfully clever.
很聪明啊,真聪明。
Speaking of clever, have you told your little friends yet?
说起聪明,你跟你那些小朋友说了吗?
Told them what?
说什么?
Why I broke into all those places and never took anything? - No.
为何我闯入那些地方却空手而归。 - 没有
But you understand? - Obviously.
但你明白。 - 当然。
Off you go, then.
那请说吧。
You want me to tell you what you already know?
何必多此一举?
No, I want you to prove that you know it.
不,我要你证明你知道。
You didn't take anything because you don't need to. - Good.
什么都不拿是因为你不需要。 - 不错
You'll never need to take anything ever again.
你再也不用拿任何东西了。
Very good. Because?
很好。为什么?
Because nothing, nothing in the Bank of England , the Tower of London or Pentonville Prison could possibly match the value of the key that could get you into all three.
因为英格兰银行、伦敦塔或是本顿维尔监狱里没有东西能比得上你手里那个能让你闯入他们的钥匙。
I can open any door anywhere with a few tiny lines of computer code.
只要几行计算机代码,任何地方的任何门我都能打开。
No such thing as a private bank account now, they're all mine. No such thing as secrecy, I own secrecy.
什么私人银行账户都是胡扯,全是我的。已经没有秘密了,我掌控着秘密。
Nuclear codes? I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order.
核武器编码?我随随便便就能炸了北约。
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown.
满世界都是封锁的放假,有钥匙的便是国王。亲爱的,你真该看看我戴王冠的样子。
You were advertising all through the trial, you were showing the world what you can do.
你是利用审讯宣传自己,给世人展现你的能耐。
And you were helping. Big client list, rogue governments, intelligence communities, terrorist cells.
你也帮了我。客户可多了,像什么自由政府、情报组织、恐怖组织,
They all want me. Suddenly, I'm Mr Sex.
他们都想要我。转眼我就成了万人迷。
If you can break any bank, what do you care about the highest bidder?
如果你能进任何银行,那你还在乎什么最高价竞买人?
I don't. I just like to watch them all competing. "Daddy loves me the best." Aren't ordinary people adorable?
我是不在乎,但我就是爱看他们抢破头的样。"爸爸最爱的是我"凡人真可爱。
Well, you know. You've got John. I should get myself a live-in one.
反正你有华生了。我也该找个同居男友才对。
Why are you doing all of this?
你为什么要这么做?
It must be so funny.
肯定很有趣。
You don't want money or power, not really. What is it all for?
你并不真的想要金钱或权力,到底为了什么?
I want to solve the problem. Our problem. The final problem.
我想要解决我们的问题。最后的谜题。
It's going to start very soon, Sherlock, the fall.
就要开始了,夏洛克,坠落(瀑布)。
But don't be scared, falling is just like flying, except there's a more permanent destination.
不过别怕,坠落跟飞翔一样,不过下场只有死亡而已。
Never liked riddles.
我不喜欢谜语。
Learn to. Because I owe you a fall, Sherlock.I OWE YOU.
学着喜欢。因为我欠你一次坠落,夏洛克。我-欠-你。

妙语佳句

Advertise (pt&pp.advertised)
vt.做广告,做宣传;通告,通知;宣扬
vi.登广告,做广告;做宣传

The players can advertise baked beans, but not rugby boots...
球员可以给烤菜豆做广告,但不能代言橄榄球靴。
There is no need to advertise the fact that you are a single woman...
没有必要张扬你是一个单身女性。

------------------------------------------------------
Desirable
adj.令人满意的;值得拥有的;可取的;性感的
n.称心如意的人[东西]

Prolonged negotiation was not desirable...
拖长了的谈判并不是大家所想要的。
...the young women whom his classmates thought most desirable.
他的同班同学认为最性感的年轻女子

------------------------------------------------------
Be innocent of
无…罪

We can no longer afford to be innocent bystanders of our own health.
我们再也不能以无辜的旁观者(心态来对待)我们的健康。

------------------------------------------------------
Care about
担心;喜欢;在乎;对…感兴趣

Did she care about how her characters are depicted?
罗琳在意她创造的人物是怎样被描述的吗?


剧情百科


随随便便就能炸了北约,这好像不是再开玩笑,如果Moriarty有足够的兴趣的话或许能的能把北约给炸了。不过明显他的兴趣只在他面前这个男人--Sherlock。咳...Moriarty提到的“我欠你一次坠落”究竟意味着什么呢?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.It took three years to work out how to _____ it.
他们一起花了整整三年才找到检测该药物的方法。
2._____ costumes; as for a film or play.
提供服装;多用于拍摄电影或电视剧。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Purchasing-power destruction is much more (desirable) by the fed.
购买力损毁对美联储来说更为可取点。
2.He was declared to (be innocent for) lack of evidence.
因为证据不足他被宣告无罪

分享到
重点单词
  • destructionn. 破坏,毁灭,破坏者
  • intelligencen. 理解力,智力 n. 情报,情报工作,情报机关
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • solvev. 解决,解答
  • desirableadj. 值得有的,令人满意的,有吸引力的 n. 有吸引
  • destinationn. 目的地,终点,景点
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • advertisev. 登广告,为 ... 做广告,宣传
  • negotiationn. 谈判,协商