(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
So, still got some friends on the force.
警局里还是有人护着我们的。
It's Lestrade, says they're all coming over here now.
是Lestrade,他说他们正赶过来。
Queuing up to slap on the handcuffs,every officer you've ever made feel like a tit,
所有被你弄得很没面子的警官们,都排着队要来拷你呢。
which is a lot of people.
那可是不少人呢。
Sorry, am I interrupting? Some chap delivered a parvel, I forgot,
抱歉,是不是打扰你们了?有人送来一个包裹,我给忘了。
marked perishable. I had to sign for it.
上面标记说易腐烂,我只好签收了。
Funny name, German, like the fairy tales.
名字挺滑稽,是德语,像是童话里的。
Burnt to a crisp. - What does it mean?
烧焦了。 - 这是什么意思?
"POLICE!" - I'll go.
警察 — 我去开门。
Sherlock. - Excuse me, Mrs Hudson.We need to talk to you.
夏洛克 - 抱歉,赫德森太太,我们得谈谈。
Don't barge in like that.
别就这么闯进来呀!
Have you got a warrant? Have you?
你们有逮捕令吗?有吗?
Leave it, John. - Manners.
别插手。 - 礼貌点!
Sherlock Holmes, I'm arresting you on suspicion of abduction and kidnapping.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯,我现在以涉嫌诱拐和绑架的罪名逮捕你。
It's OK, John. - He's not ressisting.
没事的,约翰。 - 他都没反抗。
No, it's not all right. This is ridiculous.
不,这怎么会没关系?这太荒谬了。
Get him downstairs now.
现在带他下楼。
You really don't have to do this.
你真不该这么做。
Don't try to interfere or I shell arrest you too.
别妨碍公务,不然我连你一起逮捕。
You done? - I said it. First time we met.
你满意了吗? - 我早就说过,我们初次见面的时候。
Don't bother.
算了吧。
Solving crimes won't be enough. One day he'll cross the line.
他不会满足于破案,总有一天他会越过底线。
Now ask yourself, what sort of man would kidnap those kids just so he can impress us all by finding them?
你自己想想,什么人会去绑架孩子,就是为了通过找回他们来显摆自己?
Donovan? - Sir?
多诺万? - 长官。
Got our man? - Yes,sir.
人抓到了吗?
Looked a bit of a weirdo, if you ask me.
要我说的话,看着他就觉得古怪。
Often are, these vigilante types. What are you looking at?
这种义警通常都这样。你看什么呢?
妙语佳句
Interrupt (pp. & pt. interrupted)
vt.& vi.打断(别人的话等);阻止;截断
vt.暂停;中断;打扰;妨碍
vi.打断
n.中断;暂停
Turkin tapped him on the shoulder. 'Sorry to interrupt, Colonel.'...
图尔金拍拍他的肩膀。“不好意思打断您一下,上校。”
He has rightly interrupted his holiday in Spain to return to London...
他马上中止了在西班牙的度假回到伦敦。
Taller plants interrupt the views from the house.
稍高些的植物遮挡了房内的视线。
------------------------------------------------------
Ridiculous
adj.可笑的,荒谬的;荒唐的,愚蠢的;胡枝扯叶
It is ridiculous to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我们正在谈恋爱的说法真是太荒谬了。
------------------------------------------------------
Definite
adj.明确的;一定的;肯定;有把握
It's too soon to give a definite answer...
要给出一个明确的答复,现在还为时过早。
If you have any definite news of my husband, please let me know...
如果有我丈夫的确切消息,请一定告诉我。
Studying his face in the bathroom mirror he wished he had more definite features.
看着浴室镜子中的脸,他真希望自己的五官能够更分明一些。
------------------------------------------------------
At large
(囚犯)在逃;逍遥法外;一般说来;详细地
The soldier reported that a prisoner was at large.
士兵报告说一名囚犯在逃.
------------------------------------------------------
Sign for
签收
When the postal clerk delivers your order, check the carton before signing for it.
你订购的货物由邮政人员送达时,要先检查一下包装盒再签收。
------------------------------------------------------
Impress with
把…印在…上, 因…获得好印象
The boys were vying with each other to impress her.
小伙子们争着给她留下好印象。
剧情百科
Sherlock就这样束手就擒,不过看他淡定从容的样子,好像已经知道了这一步,或者确切地说是清楚Moriatry走得下一步?
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Even the most _____ items had great bones.
这里就算最精致的东西都很粗旷。
2.The government must _____ its promises.
政府必须坚守它自己的承诺。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.Follow it through, and you will get (definite) results.
坚持这么做,你将会收到确切的成效。
2.Three fugitives from the prison are still (at large).
三名逃犯仍然未被抓获。