BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第224期:朋友的婚礼邀请岂能拒绝
日期:2014-09-22 13:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Yes? What, Sherlock?
喂? 怎么 夏洛克?
Why are you out of breath? - Filing.
你干嘛气喘吁吁的? - 整理文件呢.
Either I've caught you in a compromising position or you've been working out again.
你不是在干那种事情 就是又在锻炼了
I favour the latter. - What do you want?
我希望是后者 - 你要干嘛?
I need your answer, Mycroft, as a matter of urgency.
问你个问题 迈克罗夫特 很紧急
Answer? - Even at the eleventh hour, it's not too late, you know.
问题? - 哪怕在最后一刻也不会太晚
Oh, Lord! - Cars can be ordered, private jets commandeered.
哦 天哪! - 车是可以派的 私人飞机也是可以强征的
Today. It's today, isn't it?No, Sherlock, I will not be coming to the night-do,as you so poetically put it.
今天 是今天 对不对?不 夏洛克 我不会来参加晚上的舞会的,不管你怎么美化它
What a shame. Mary and John will be extremely d... - Delighted not to have me hanging around.
真遗憾 玛丽跟约翰会非常... - 高兴我不在场
Oh, I don't know.There should always be a spectre at the feast.
我可不确定,宴会上总得有个让人扫兴的人
So, this is it, then? The big day.I suppose I'll be seeing a lot more of you from now on.
大日子 终于到来了,我想今后我应该能更常见到你了
What do you mean? - Just like old times.
你什么意思? - 就像从前那样
No, I don't understand. - 'Well, it's the end of an era, isn't it?'John and Mary, domestic bliss.
我不太明白 - 一个时代的结束 不是吗?约翰和玛丽 幸福的家庭
No, no, no. I prefer to think of it as the beginning of a new chapter.
不不 我更愿意把这视作新篇章的开始
What? - Nothing.
怎么? - 没什么
I know that silence. What?
你沉默了 你想说什么?
Well, I'd better let you get back to it. You have a big speech or something, don't you?
你赶紧回去吧 你不还要演讲什么的吗?
What? - Cakes, karaoke, mingling.
什么? - 蛋糕 卡拉OK 交际
Mycroft! -This is what people do, Sherlock. They get married.I warned you, don't get involved.
迈克罗夫特! - 人们都会结婚的 夏洛克,我警告过你 不要掺和
Involved? I'm not involved. - No...
掺合? 我没有掺合 - 不是...
John asked me to be his best man, how could I say no?
约翰让我当他的伴郎 我怎么拒绝?
Absolutely. - I'm not involved.
当然 - 我没有掺合.
I believe you. Really, I do.Have a lovely day and do give the happy couple my best.
我相信你 真的,愿你有个美好的一天 代我祝福新人
I will.
我会的
Oh, by the way, Sherlock, do you remember Redbeard?
顺便说一句 夏洛克 你记得红胡子吗?
I'm not a child anymore, Mycroft.
我不是小孩了 迈克罗夫特
No, of course you're not.Enjoy not getting involved, Sherlock.
你当然不是,享受你的不掺合吧 夏洛克


妙语佳句

Acclaim (pp. & pt. acclaimed)
v.称赞;赞扬;向…欢呼;向…喝彩
n.公开赞扬;称誉

The group's debut album was immediately acclaimed a hip hop classic.
这个组合的首张专辑一经推出便被盛赞为嘻哈乐的经典之作。
Angela Bassett has won critical acclaim for her excellent performance...
安吉拉·贝塞特凭借其出色的表演赢得了评论界的好评。

-------------------------------------------------------

Oppress (pp. & pt. oppressed)
vt.使烦恼,使意气消沉,使气馁,使无精神;压迫,压制
v.虐待,欺侮;〈古〉压倒;给与沉重的感觉

We are not normal like everybody else. If we were they wouldn't be oppressing us.
我们跟其他正常人不一样。否则,他们就不会压迫我们了。
The place oppressed Aubrey even before his eyes adjusted to the dark...
奥布里的眼睛还没有适应黑暗之前,这地方便已经让他觉得很压抑了。

-------------------------------------------------------

Excess
n.超过;超额量;多余量;放肆
adj.超重的,过量的,额外的

Polyunsaturated oils are essential for health. Excess is harmful, however.
多不饱和油对健康很重要。但是,食用过量就会有害。
The major reason for excess weight is excess eating.
体重超标的主要原因是饮食过量。
She said she was sick of her life of excess.
她说她厌倦了自己无节制的生活。
Staff who have to travel farther can claim excess travel expenses.
需要到更远的地方出差的职员可以领取额外差旅费。

剧情百科



考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Eade is right to _____ several pages to this strange figure.
eade对这个奇怪的人做了些贡献是正确的。
2._____ pain is an invisible and agonizing symptom.
慢性疼痛是一种无形的痛苦症状。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Mr blair and ms rowling won instant acclaim for their novelty and charm.
布莱尔和罗琳凭借自己的新颖和魅力立刻赢得了喝彩
2.Tyrants oppress, beat, and torture all. We know.
我们知道,以前的暴君会压制、殴打、折磨他们。

分享到
重点单词
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • acclaimedn. 喝采,欢呼,赞同 v. 欢呼,喝采,称赞
  • domesticadj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的 n. 家仆,佣人
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • claimn. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物 vt. 要
  • classicn. 古典作品,杰作,第一流艺术家 adj. 第一流的,
  • invisibleadj. 看不见的,无形的 n. 隐形人(或物品)
  • essentialn. 要素,要点 adj. 必要的,重要的,本质的
  • charmn. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌 v. (使)陶醉,(使)
  • criticaladj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的 adj. 临