BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第189期:学习一门语言只需几小时
日期:2014-08-01 19:22

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Penny for the guy?Oi, mate, penny for the guy?
捐点钱吧?伙计.捐点钱吧
Penny for the guy, mate? - Penny for the guy?
捐点钱吧.-捐点吧
Penny for the guy? - Penny for the guy?
捐点钱吧.-捐点钱吧
'That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done.'
这是我有生以来干过最荒诞的事
'You invaded Afghanistan.'
你可是入侵过阿富汗的兵啊
You have been busy, haven't you?Quite the busy little bee.
你的确忙得很啊.跟小蜜蜂一样团团转
Moriarty's network. Took me two years to dismantle it.
我花了两年时间瓦解莫里亚蒂的犯罪网
And you're confident you have?
你确定已经全部瓦解了吗
The Serbian side was the last piece of the puzzle.
塞尔维亚是拼图的最后一块
Yes.You got yourself in deep there with Baron Maupertuis.
是啊.你跟莫佩尔蒂男爵混得还挺熟
Quite a scheme. - Colossal.
好一个骗局. - 大骗局
Anyway. You're safe now.
不管怎样.你现在安全了
A small "thank you" wouldn't go amiss.
道个谢不会掉块肉
What for?
谢你什么
For wading in.In case you've forgotten, field work is not my natural milieu.
插手这事.别忘了.外勤可不是我的长项
"Wading in?"You sat there and watched me being beaten a pulp.
插手这事.你就坐在那里.眼睁睁看着我挨打
I got you out. - No, I got me out.
我把你救了出来. - 不.是我救了自己
Why didn't you intervene sooner?
你为什么不早点出手
I couldn't risk giving myself away, could I?
我不能冒险暴露自己.对吧
It would have ruined everything. - You were enjoying it.
那只会毁掉一切.-你看得很高兴吧
Nonsense. - Definitely enjoying it.
胡说.-绝对是的
Listen, do you have any idea what it was like, Sherlock,
听着.你知道那是什么感觉吗.夏洛克
going undercover?Smuggling my way into their ranks like that?
卧底行动.混进那群人中间
The noise, the people!
那群人的吵闹声
I didn't know you spoke Serbian.
我不知道你还会说塞尔维亚语
I didn't. But the language has a Slavic root.
我不会说.但它源自斯拉夫语
Frequent Turkish and German loan words.Took me a couple of hours.
以及很多土耳其语和德语的外来语.我几个小时就学会了
Hmm, you're slipping.
没以前快了
Middle-age, brother mine.Comes to us all.
岁月不饶人.弟弟.我们都会这样



妙语佳句


Network (pp. & pt. networked)
n.网;(电视与计算机)网络;网状物;广播网
vt.& vi.将…连接成网络;建立工作关系
vt.把(地方节目)编排到广播网(或电视网)联播;使(全国)联播;(如)用网覆盖;广泛分布
vi.沟通,互助

The uterus is supplied with a rich network of blood vessels and nerves.
密布的血管和神经网向子宫输送养料。
Distribution of the food is going ahead using a network of local church people and other volunteers...
食品正通过当地教会人士和其他志愿者形成的网络分发下去。
Huge sections of the rail network are out of action.
铁路网的很多区段停运。
An American network says it has obtained the recordings.
美国一家广播网声称已经得到了那些录音材料。
In business, it is important to network with as many people as possible on a face to face basis.
在生意场上,通过与尽可能多的人面对面地打交道来建立工作关系很重要。

-------------------------------------------------------

Massive
adj.大的,重的;大块的,大量的;魁伟的,结实的;大规模的

There was evidence of massive fraud.
有证据表明是巨额欺诈。
He died six weeks later of a massive heart attack.
六周后他因严重的心脏病发作去世。

-------------------------------------------------------

Imminent
adj.(通常指不愉快的事)即将发生的;迫切的,危急的;逼近的;迫在眉睫

There appeared no imminent danger...
眼前似乎没有危险。
They warned that an attack is imminent.
他们警告袭击即将发生。


剧情百科

Sherlock在哥哥Mycroft的庇护下重回伦敦市。从内容中,我们也大体知道Sherlock几年来都是为了瓦解Moriarty的犯罪集团。这次Mycroft召回Sherlock又为了惩戒什么罪恶呢。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.We see that _____ in readership numbers, too.
我们也看到了读者人数方面的证据

2.The process takes place in real time, so the _____ map changes as the patient moves.
这整个过程都是实时进行的,因此发光的分布图会因病人的移动而发生变化。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.The mask dropped with the first post-war elections.
这层面具在战后第一次选举时被摘下。
2.Suspicion among all three historical enemies dates back centuries.
这三个历史仇敌之间的猜疑存在了几个世纪。


分享到
重点单词
  • schemen. 方案,计划,阴谋 v. 计画,设计,体系,结构,图
  • imminentadj. 逼近的,即将发生的
  • milieun. 周围,背景
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • distributionn. 分发,分配,散布,分布
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • maten. 伙伴,配偶,同事 vt. 使 ... 配对,使 .