(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
Jefferson. So good to see you looking more like yourself.
杰弗森 看见你重现往日的风采真好
I assume you're here because you've reconsidered my offer?
我想你一定是重新考虑了我的建议才来的吧
I want your guarantee that if I do what you ask, my daughter will want for nothing.
我希望你能向我保证如果我按你说的做了 我的女儿可以一生衣食无忧
You have my word.Now let's open that box of yours and see what it can do.
我向你保证 现在把盒子打开吧 让我见识见识它的能耐
I do so like a man who dresses for the occasion.
我真欣赏应景打扮的男人
Step back.After you!Together.Hold on!
退后 你先请 一起吧 抓紧了
重点讲解
occasion
特别的事情(或仪式、庆典)
a great / memorable / happy occasion
伟大的/难忘的/欢乐的庆典
Turn every meal into a special occasion.
要把每一顿饭都弄得特别一些。
step
迈步;踩;踏;行走
to step onto / off a bus
上/下公共汽车
I stepped forward when my name was called out.
我听见叫我名字时向前迈了一步
guarantee
保证;担保;保障
Basic human rights, including freedom of speech, are now guaranteed.
现在,包括言论自由在内的基本人权已有了保障。
We cannot guarantee (that) our flights will never be delayed.
我们不能保证我们的所有航班均不误点。
want for sth
(especially in negative sentences ) (formal)
to lack sth that you really need
缺少,短缺(真正需要的东西)
He's ensured that his children will want for nothing (= will have everything they need).
他得到保证他的子女将什么也不会缺少。
视频及简介
该片讲述了杰弗森妥协来找瑞金娜的故事。