位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第78期:我原谅你的所作所为
日期:2012-05-21 19:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

What's this?
这是什么
The girl wanted you to have it.
她希望我把它交给你
Read it to me.
念给我听
Dearest stepmother,
我最亲爱的继母
by the time you read this, I will be dead.
当你读到这封信的时候 我已经死了
I understand that you will
我知道由于我的缘故
never have love in your life because of me.
你的生活已无爱相伴
So it's only fitting that I'll be denied that same joy as well.
所以让我得不到快乐 也是理所当然
For the sake of kingdom,
为了王国
I hope my death satisfies your need for revenge,
我希望我的死能满足你报复的欲望
allowing you to rule my father's subjects as they deserve,
使你以怜悯仁慈之心统治父王的臣民
with compassion and a gentle hand.
这是他们应得的
I know what you think you're doing is vengeance.
我知道你觉得杀了我是为了复仇
I prefer to think of it as sacrifice,
但我更愿意把我的死当做是
for the good of all.
为了所有人的幸福而做的牺牲
With that in mind, I welcome the end.
带着这个想法 我乐于接受死亡
I want you to take my last message to heart.
希望你能够将我的遗言铭记于心
I'm sorry, and I forgive you."
我很抱歉 我原谅你的所作所为

重点讲解

原文:By the time you read this, I will be dead.当你读到这封信的时候,我已经死了。
by the time:
1.到…时候为止
通常引导一个时间状语从句,表示“到……的时候为止”主句则表示在此时间之前某个事件已完成。值得注意的是,当从句用过去时时,主句通常用过去完成时。
例如: By the time l got to the station,the train had
already gone。
2.…当……的时候
如果只是说过去某个时候的状况,用过去时,而不用完成时。By the time the war was over , death and suffering were to be seen everywhere.在战争结束的时候,到处可见死亡和饥饿。 这里没有“死亡和饥饿”已经完成的意思,只是描述当时这个时间点的状况。所以用过去时。

原文:I understand that you will never have love in your life because of me.我知道由于我的缘故你的生活已无爱相伴。
because of和due to的区别:
两者意思都是“因为”,可以互换,但due to不能置于句首,而because of前后都可以放。
例如:He was tired because of/due to his hard work.
Because of his hard work,he was tired.
由于他努力工作,他很累。


【日常用语】
The girl wanted you to have it.
她希望我把它交给你。

I want you to take my last message to heart.
希望你能够将我的遗言铭记于心。

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • gentleadj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • revengen. 报仇,报复,复仇愿望,获得满足的机会 vt. 报仇
  • compassionn. 同情,怜悯