(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
Hey, mind if I join you? So what the hell is Miners Day, and why are you beating yourself up over it?
我能跟你一起走吗 矿工日到底是什么 你干嘛为此这么费心
It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal.
这是一年一度的传统节日 修女们曾经制作蜡烛来跟矿工们交换燃煤
Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I'd understand.
缅因州还有煤矿 要是矿里产龙虾 那还差不多
Look, I don't know. Now they use it as a fund-raiser. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it.
我也不知道 现在就是一个慈善募款会 是个盛大的聚会 大家都很喜欢
It doesn't seem like everyone loves it.
他们看着不像喜欢的样子
It's not Miners Day. It's me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week, they all dropped out.
不是不喜欢矿工日 是不喜欢我 上周有十个志愿者 这周都退出了
You think this is about what happened with David?
你觉得这跟你和戴维的事有关
Oh, I know it is. A few of them told me as much. I've never... been a homewrecker before.
我知道就是 有几个志愿者就这么跟我说的 我还从来没有做过小三呢
It's gonna blow over. You made a mistake with David. It happens. But you don't have to do charity to try to win people's hearts back.
事情会过去的 你看错了戴维 这是人之常情 你不必做慈善事业来赢得人们的尊重
I have to do something. And this is the best I can do.
我总得做点什么 我也只能做这些了
Love ruined my life.
爱情毁了我的生活
Sheriff Swan. Yeah. I'll be right down.
我是斯旺警长 好 我马上就到
Well, apparently, duty calls. Hang in there. And if there's anything I can do to help, I will.
我有案要办了 别灰心 我要是能帮上忙肯定帮你
I know. Thank you.
我知道 谢谢
重点讲解
mind
(请求允许或客气地请人做事)介意
Do you mind if I open the window?
我开开窗户好吗?
beat yourself up about sth
beat yourself up over sth
to blame yourself too much for sth
(为某事)过分自责
Look, there's no need to beat yourself up over this.
听我说,没有必要为此过分自责。
trade in sth with sb
to buy and sell things
做买卖;做生意;从事贸易
The firm openly traded in arms.
这家公司公开买卖军火。
drop out of sth
to no longer take part in or be part of sth
不再参加;退出;脱离
He has dropped out of active politics.
他已不再积极参政了。
a word that has dropped out of the language
该语言中已废弃的一个词
blow over
to go away without having a serious effect
刮过去了,平静下来(未造成严重影响)
The storm blew over in the night.
风暴在夜间平息了。
The scandal will soon blow over.
流言蜚语很快就会烟消云散的。
视频及简介
该片讲述了旺斯警长安慰人的故事。