(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Our tax dollars hard at work, I see.
看来纳税人的钱没有白费
Graham isn't here.
格兰姆不在
I assumed he'd took a sick day... with you.
我想他是请病假了 跟你在一起
Oh, so you're aware of us. Good.
看来你已经知道我们的关系了 很好
That's why I'm here.
这正是我来的原因
Because I'm also aware of your relationship with him.
因为我也知道你们的关系
I don't have a relationship with him.
我跟他没有关系
Oh? So nothing's ever happened between the two of you?
是吗 你们俩之间什么都没发生过
You forget, Ms Swan.
别忘了 斯旺小姐
I have eyes everywhere.
我的耳目无处不在
Nothing that meant anything.
没有什么大不了的事
Well, of course not,
那是自然
because you're incapable of feeling anything for anyone.
因为你从来对人都没有感情
There's a reason you're alone, isn't there?
是不是因为这样你才一直单身
All due respect,
冒昧说一句
the way I live my life is my business.
我怎么过日子是我的事
It is until it infringes on my life.
除非你打扰到我的生活
Stay away from Graham.
离格兰姆远点
You may think you're doing nothing,
你可能觉得没什么
But you're putting thoughts in his head--
但是你会让他有非分之想
Thoughts that are not in his best interests.
这对他来说可不是好事
You are leading him on a path to self-destruction.
你会把他带上不归路的
Stay away.
离他远点
重点解释
【短语解释】
原文:I assumed he'd took a sick day... with you.我想他是请病假了,跟你在一起。
assume和suppose的区别:
assume多用作假设,即本来不成立的。
suppose则比较常见,指的是通过现有的证据材料,推测,推理。
she suppose to be the party tonight.
she assume that she will be the party tonight.
第一句就是说她应该,按照常规她应该去聚会
第二句就变成她估计她会去
原文:Oh, so you're aware of us. Good.看来你已经知道我们的关系了,很好。
be aware of:=know,realize 知道,意识到。其中的be应该根据人称、单复数以及时态进行变化。
1.意识到
Are you aware of the danger?你没有意识到危险吗?
John has been aware of having done something wrong.约翰已意识到自己做错了事情。
2.知道
He pretended not to be aware of my presence.他假装不知道我在那里。
常见的be动词+形容词+of结构:
be ashamed of为……感到羞愧
be capable of能够,可以
be certain of确信,对……有把握
be fond of喜欢
be free of没有,摆脱
be full of充满
be glad of为……而高兴
be nervous of害怕
be proud of为……自豪
be short of缺乏 be shy of不好意思
be sick of对……厌倦
be sure of肯定,有把握
be tired of对……厌烦
be worthy of只得,配得上
【日常用语】
I don't have a relationship with him.
我跟他没有关系。
Nothing that meant anything.
没有什么大不了的事。
That's why I'm here.
这正是我来的原因。