位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第10期:市长的警告
日期:2012-03-05 01:22

(单词翻译:单击)

原文听讲

Emma:You know what’s kinda crazy?
我感觉这事很神奇
Yesterday was my birthday,
昨天是我的生日
and when I blew out the candle on this cupcake I bought myself,
在吹灭自己买给自己的小蛋糕上的蜡烛时
I actually made a wish
我许了个愿
that I didn’t have to be alone on my birthday.
希望不要独自一人过生日
And then Henry showed up.
然后亨利就出现了
Regina:I hope there’s no misunderstanding here.
我希望你不要对此产生误解
Emma:I’m sorry?
什么意思
Regina:Don’t mistake all this as an invitation back into his life.
不要误会这是让你回到他的生活中
Ms.Swan,you made a decision ten years ago.
斯旺女士 你十年前做了这个决定
And in the last decade, while you’ve been…
在过去的十年里 你一直...
Well, who knows what you’ve been doing?
谁知道你一直在干什么
I’ve changed every diaper,
他的每块尿布都是我换的
smoothed every fever,endured every tantrum.
每次生病是我主顾他 发脾气是我哄他
You may have given birth to him ,but he is my son.
你也许给了他生命 但他是我的儿子
Emma:I was not…
我不是...
Regina:No,
别说了
you don’t get to speak.
你没资格说话
You don’t get to do anything.
你没资格做任何事
You gave up that right when you tossed him away.
你抛弃他时 就已经失去了资格
Do you know what a closed adoption is?
知道什么叫“秘密收养”吗
It’s what you asked for.
你当初是这么要求的
You have no legal right to Henry,
你和亨利之间没有法律关系
and you’re gonna be held to that.
你必须接受这个现实
So I suggest you get in your car and you leave this town,
我建议你马上开车离开镇子
because if you don’t,
如果你不走
I will destroy you if it is the last thing I do.
我会竭尽全力摧毁你

重点词汇解释

blow out:
取消;切断;中止;吹熄;爆破

区分:blow off ,blow out(前者还是借助外力吹灭东西, 后者是一般用被动时态,受力者充当主语)

blow off 借助风,呼气等的力量沿某方向移动
Exampe:My hat blew off.我的帽子被风挂掉了。
He blew the dust off the book.他吹去了书上的灰尘。


blow out指火焰等被风吹灭 油井或汽井(井喷)
Example:Somebody opened the door and the candle blew out.有人打开了门蜡烛随之被吹灭了。


show up:
1.显而易见; 使显示出
A police put some chemicals on the piece of paper and a line of words showed up.
一位警察在一张条上涂上化学药品, 一行字迹清晰地显现出来。
2.到场, 出席
He showed up when we least expected him.
我们根本没有料到, 他竟然来了。
3.羞辱, 使丢脸
He showed his parents up rather badly.
他给他父母丢尽了脸。

endure和bear的区别:

endure=(bear bravely)指经受长期的艰难、困苦或折磨而不屈服,强调持久力和意志坚强(常用于否定句中)
要特别注意“长时间”三字
例如:
We had to endure a nine-hour delay at the airport.

The man endured 10 years of prison life.

The little boy found it difficult to endure spending his summer holidays with his Uncle.

bear意为“忍受”,侧重强调某人的心理或身体承受能力.强调忍受者对痛苦、忧虑、烦恼以及责任的承受力(常用于否定句中)
例如:
The strain must have been enormous but she bore it well.
当时的压力想必很大,但她还是承受下来。

It’s your decision—you must bear the responsibility if things go wrong.

He couldn’t bear to see the dog in pain.

give birth to:产生,生产

分享到
重点单词
  • fevern. 发烧,发热,狂热 v. (使)发烧,(使)狂热
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致
  • strainn. 紧张,拉紧,血统 v. 劳累,拉紧,过份使用
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • candlen. 蜡烛
  • decaden. 十年
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词
  • endurevt. 忍耐,容忍 vi. 持久,持续
  • borevt. 使厌烦 n. 讨厌的人,麻烦事 v. 钻孔,开凿