(单词翻译:单击)
Less than 1% of Germans were Jewish,and few dared to now claim they were Communists.
当时德国只有不到1%的犹太人,几乎没有人敢承认自己是共产党 。
So the vast majority of Germans were not at risk from prosecution as long as they embraced the new world of Nazism.
大部分德国人没有遭迫害,只要他们拥护纳粹主义的新世界即可 。
And since unemployment was falling and the economy seemed to be picking up,many ordinary Germans now felt this was the beginning of a new, more optimistic era.
由于失业率降低,经济似乎也开始回暖,很多德国老百姓觉得,这是乐观的新时代 。
At first, you were carried along by a wave of hope,because we had it better.
引自德国学生记述 起初我们心中充满希望,因为社会变好了 。
We had order in the country. We had, well, security.
国家有了秩序,人人有安全感 。
In particular, the young were taught the Nazi world view.
特别是年轻人的纳粹世界观中 。
Most importantly, that Hitler was a flawless leader.
最重要,希特勒是完美的领导人 。
These members of the Hitler Youth were the future soldiers of Germany,from whom Hitler would demand absolute loyalty.
这些青年团成员,是德国未来士兵,希特勒要求他们绝对忠诚 。
It was hammered into us even in the Hitler Youth-Germany must live, even if we have to die.
在青年团中我们被灌输这种思想,德国必须生存,即使要牺牲性命 。
Then, I realised that people in the Hitler Youth had a vulgar way of dealing with each other.
当我看到其成员时,对待彼此都很粗鲁时 。
A very unpleasant and violent manner was customary.
不客气和暴力习以为常 。
The way, for example, we were told,
例如我们被告知 。
If your teachers haven't yet grasped this new era,then smack them in the mouth!
若你们的老师还不认可这个新纪元,就去掌掴他嘴巴 。
Now that they were in power, many of those close to Hitler found their belief in him had intensified still further.
现纳粹掌权,本跟希特勒共事的人,对他信心更是有增无减 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载