(单词翻译:单击)
The tool you and I would call was daydreaming, but he gets it called thought experiment because he is Einstein.
你和我管它叫白日梦,但是他就是称它为思想实验,因为他是爱因斯坦 。
In his office, the patent office, looking out of window and he imagined a man working on a roof.
在他专利局的办公室里,他从窗口望去,他想象着在屋顶工作的一个人 。
And he begins to wonder what would happen if one of those men would fall off the roof.
他开始想像如果其中一个男人会从屋顶上跌下来的情境 。
And then he had the happiest thought of his life, the inspiration of the ages.
然后他有了的人生中最快乐的思想, 年龄的灵感 。
He had a vision the man would not actually be feeling his own weight.
他曾经想那人不会感到自己的体重 。
He will be weightless. And then he imagined if you are in an elevator and somebody cuts the cord.
他将是无重的 。然后他想象如果是在电梯里,有人剪断绳索的情境 。
What happens to you?
你会发生什么?
You fall but the elevator falls at the same rate you do, so you are weightless inside the elevator. So then Einstein got it.
你在下坠但电梯和你的速率是相同的,所以你处于失重而爱因斯坦有了结论 。
It's though the gravity has been switched off. What's really going on?
虽然引力已经关闭 。这究竟是怎么一回事?
The reason is no such a thing as gravitational pull.
原因是没有所谓的引力 。
The earth has curved the space around me and space is pushing me into this chair. Space itself can be curved.
在我身边的是地球弯曲的空间,空间推动我到这把椅子上 。空间本身是可以弯曲的 。
注:听力文本来源于普特