(单词翻译:单击)
This is a Jew.
这是个犹太人 。
And so is this.
这位也是 。
This is a Jew, and this, and this. And so am I.
这是犹太人,还有这位,这位 。我也是 。
So, what, if anything we have in common?
那么,我们有什么共同之处?
Not the color of our skin,not the languages we speak, the tunes we sing, the food we eat.
不是我们皮肤的颜色,不是我们所讲的语言,我们歌唱的曲调,我们吃的食物 。
Not our opinions where we fiercely argued a lot, not even the way we pray,assuming we do.
不是我们强烈认为很多的意见,,甚至不是我们祷告的方式,我们所做的假设 。
What ties us together is a story, a story catching our heads and hearts, a story of suffering and resilience, endurance and creativity.
将我们联系在一起的是一个故事,一个使我们使我们身心为之动容的故事,一个充满痛苦和恢复力,耐力和创造力的故事 。
It's the story that make me want tobe in the story in the first place,
这是故事中的故事,让我想首先辗转反侧,
for I understood but I was quite small that there were two special things about the Jews,that we had endured over 3,000 years in spite of everything that has been thrown at us,
因为我明白了,但是我仍然非常渺小,因为两个犹太人的特殊事情,我们已经经历了3000多年,尽管诸事已经抛给我们的,
and that we had extraordinary dramatic stories to tell and somehow that these two things were connected that we told our story to survive.
我们有着戏剧性的故事,在某种程度上,这两个事物联系在了一起我们告诉我们的故事才能生存 。
We are our story.
我们就是我们自己的故事 。