(单词翻译:单击)
As the size of a small car and it has a nuclear power source so you don't have to worry about dust accumulating on solar eraser, anything like that.
而对于小型车的规模,它搭载着核电源,所以你不必担心灰尘在太阳能上累积那样的东西 。
And most importantly, it has the capability to look for trace quantities of organic molecules.
而最重要的是,它有能力寻找微量有机分子 。
So we've gone beyond now looking for evidence of habitability to actually looking for evidence of the building blocks of life.
所以我们现在已经超越寻找可居住性的证据,实际上是在寻找建造生命基石的证据 。
Whether it's alive or dead,
无论是活还是死,
a trip to this red planet has a lot to teach us about our lonely blue one and the universe beyond.
一次这颗红色行星的旅程教给我们很多关于孤独的蓝色星球和宇宙之外的东西 。
Now if you have two planets that are next to each other in the same solar system that both had independent origins of life,
现在,如果你有两颗行星,在同一太阳系中互相邻近,但都有独立的生命起源,
you would have to conclude that the chance of having life all over the universe indeed,
你将不得不得出结论,生命在全宇宙确实存在的机遇,
even in other places in our solar system would be very high.
即使在我们太阳系的其他地方也会非常高 。
I think, you know, you could basically go to the bank and bet on it.
我想,你知道,你基本上可以去银行并打赌 。
We are not going to Mars just to search for life.
我们去火星不是只搜寻生命 。
We are going to Mars to search for a second genesis of life.
我们去火星是去寻找另一个生命的起源 。
We would like to find something that's different from us.
我们想找与我们不同的东西 。
It doesn't have same genetic history and genetic code that we have.
它不会有我们有的相同的遗传历史和遗传代码 。
And from my point of view, the more alien the better.
而从我的观点来看,越陌生越好 。
Now that the second possibility is that we find life on Mars,
现在,第二个可能性是,我们发现火星上的生命,
but my goodness, it has a genetic code exactly like us, it uses DNA.
但我的上帝,它有一个和我们完全一样的基因代码,它使用DNA 。
It's too coincidental.
太巧合了 。
This is representing our cousins.
这是代表我们的堂兄弟 。
Life either arose on earth and went to Mars or actually more likely that life originated on Mars and it was transported on a meteorolite coming to the earth early on and in fact, our home planet is Mars.
源于地球的生命到火星去或更可能起源于火星而早期通过某种方式来到地球,实际上,我们的母星是火星 。
注:听力文本来源于普特