(单词翻译:单击)
Have you ever fantasized about going somewhere special?
你有没有幻想过去什么特别的地方?
Somewhere far from crowds, off the beaten track.
远离人群,远离循规蹈矩 。
Somewhere out of this world?
世界之外的某处?
Is it time to catch a rocket to the Red Planet?
是抓住一枚火箭到这颗红色星球的时候了?
Mars is filled with mysteries, Volcanoes 75,000 feet tall, huge canyons, 3000 miles across and 6 miles deep, all kinds of interesting features.
火星充满神秘、75000英尺高的火山,巨大的峡谷,直径3000英里,6英里深及各种有趣的地貌 。
Awaiting you is some of the greatest scenery in our Solar System,
等待你的是太阳系中一些最伟大的景观 。
on a world where water once ruled, then vanished into thin air.
在这样的一个世界,在那里水曾经一度统治,然后消失得无影无踪 。
Where lost microbe empires may still survive underground.
在那里曾消失的微生物帝国也许仍然生存在地下 。
We've seen the postcards, and we do wish we were there.
我们已经看过明信片,并且我们也希望我们在那儿 。
Just the thought of being in this new world to see a landscape that no other
person had seen before,
只要一想到能在这个新世界看到一种其他人没有见过的景观,
I think there are a lot of astronauts that would sign up to that.
我想有很多宇航员都会报名 。
But don't be fooled. Nothing about going to Mars will be easy.
但是不要被愚弄 。去火星也不会是那么容易 。
Danger awaits you on this the desolate beauty, and perhaps Martians too.
危险在这种美丽荒凉中等待着你,也许还有火星人 。
If we find on Mars evidence for a second independent origin of life,
如果我们发现火星上的第二个生命起源的独立证据,
that's hugely profound, because it tells us right away that life is common in the Universe.
那意义将会是非常深远,因为它告诉我们生命是普遍存在于宇宙中 。
Mars. Invaded by a robot and perhaps soon by an Earthling like you.
火星 。被机器人入侵,或许马上就轮到你的地球 。
Would I like o go to Mars?
我还是想去火星吗?
Oh, in a heart beat. Absolutely.
哦,一种心跳声表达的意思是仍然绝对想去 。
If there was anyway for me to go to Mars I wouldn't be screwing around with robots, I wanna go myself.
如果我去,我就不会抱怨火星和周围的机器人,我想我会自己去 。
There has never been a better time to boldly go where no human has gone before,
人类过去从来没有更好的可以大胆的前往的机会,
to follow in the footsteps of our robot pioneers and visit the planets of the Solar System.
跟随我们的机器人先驱者,访问太阳系的这颗行星吧 。
注:听力文本来源于普特