(单词翻译:单击)
There is no room to screw up on a trip like this, mental or otherwise.
这样的旅途中、精神上或其他旅行不会有空间可以搞成这样 。
Once on Mars, you are likely to be stuck there for a year or more,
一旦在火星上,你很可能会被困一年甚至更长时间 。
waiting for a window of opportunity to ride home.
你要等待的就是回家的机会之窗敞开 。
And unlike a robot, the hopes and fears of the whole planet will be riding with you.
而不像一个机器人, 整个星球的希望和恐惧将与你同在 。
I think a human is gonna do a better job of exploring Mars ultimately than robots ever can.
我认为一个人会比机器人在探测火星方面最终做的更好 。
Robots move really slowly.
机器人移动的非常缓慢 。
Okey, what's bearing up opportunity have done in five years on Mars two astronauts could probably have done in a week.
好了,在五年内机器人在火星上所做的两名宇航员在一个星期内就可以完成 。
As fast and smart as we are,
只要我们又快又好,
we still need mechanical help to sculp the course for Mars.
对于探测火星,我们仍然需要机械的帮助 。
The next robot rolling on to red dirt will be ably named Curiosity.
未来冲向这片红色土地的机器人将被命名为好奇心号 。
注:听力文本来源于普特