位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第293期:阿斯特丽德的困境
日期:2016-12-08 08:59

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Maybe I saw the light. I mean, maybe somebody showed it to me. What difference does it make, sister? It looks like you can use all the help you can get.
也许我突然明白事理了呢 也许有人给了我指引 有什么区别呢 小妹 看上去你非常需要人帮助
Okay, I need help manning the candle booth. No swearing, no drinking, and I get to call all the shots.
好吧 我需要有人帮忙打理蜡烛摊位 不能骂人 不能喝酒 一切都是我说了算
You ordered how many tanks of helium?
你订了多少罐氦气
I meant to order twelve.
我本想订十二罐的
You ordered twelve dozen.
可是你订了十二打
Return them.
退掉吧
There are no refunds. We needed that money. You knew that. You know how he feels about us. You fix this, Sister Astrid. You fix it now.
他们不退款 我们需要这笔钱 你知道的 你知道他对我们的态度 你解决 阿斯特丽德修女 马上解决
Hey. What's the problem?
你好 有什么问题吗
The problem is I'm an idiot. We get a stipend each year for expenses, and it's all carefully budgeted except for the part where I spent it all on helium. And now we can't pay our rent.
问题是我就是个笨蛋 我们每年获得定额津贴用于花销 所有花销都精心做过预算安排 除了我花在氦气上的这部分钱 现在我们没有钱付租金了
So you'll make it up when you get your next stipend.
你们收到下笔津贴时就能补上这笔钱了
Which isn't till next month. The rent is due next week. And the only income we have are these candles.
我们下个月才能拿到这笔钱 而房租下周就该交了 我们唯一的收入只有这些蜡烛
Well, so how many do you need to sell?
你们需要卖掉多少蜡烛
Like, a thousand.
大概一千吧
How many did you sell last year?
你们去年卖了多少
Forty-two.
四十二
重点讲解

see the light
1. to finally understand or accept sth, especially sth obvious
终于领悟,最终明白,最后接受(尤指显而易见的事)
2. to begin to believe in a religion
开始信教;皈依宗教
see the light of day
to begin to exist or to become publicly known about
开始存在;问世;开始为人所知
He's written a lot of good material that has never seen the light of day.
他写了许多鲜为人知的好材料。

make a, no, some, etc. difference to sb
make a, no, some, etc. difference to sth
make a, no, some, etc. difference in sb
make a, no, some, etc. difference in sth

to have an effect/no effect on sb/sth
有(或没有、有些等)作用,关系,影响
The rain didn't make much difference to the game.
这场雨对比赛没多大影响。
Your age shouldn't make any difference to whether you get the job or not.
你能否得到这工作应该与你的年龄无关。

call the shots
call the tune

(informal) to be the person who controls a situation
控制;操纵

a monthly stipend
月俸
a summer internship with a small stipend
薪水微薄的暑期实习

budget
budget sth for sth
budget sth at sth

to be careful about the amount of money you spend; to plan to spend an amount of money for a particular purpose
谨慎花钱;把…编入预算
If we budget carefully we'll be able to afford the trip.
我们精打细算一点,就能够负担这次旅行。
I've budgeted for two new members of staff.
我已经把两名新职员名额编入预算。

视频及简介
该片讲述了阿斯特丽德的困境。


分享到
重点单词
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • candlen. 蜡烛
  • stipendn. 薪水,定期津贴
  • tunen. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整 vt. 调整,为 .
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.
  • informaladj. 非正式的,不拘形式的