位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第45期:你欠我个人情
日期:2012-04-14 14:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Must be my lucky day.
今天肯定是我的幸运日
Care for a cup, Ms. Swan?
喝一杯吗 斯旺女士
A baby? That's your merchandise?
孩子就是你的商品吗
Why didn't you tell me?
你为什么不告诉我
Well, because at the time, you didn't need to know.
因为那时 时机未到
Really? Or you thought I wouldn't take the job?
是吗 还是你怕我不会接受这个任务
On the contrary,
恰恰相反
I thought it would be more effective if you found out yourself.
我认为 你自己发现的话会更有效果
After seeing Ashley's hard life,
你亲眼目睹阿什莉艰苦的生活后
I thought it would make sense... to you.
会让你明白一些事情
I mean, if anyone could understand the reasons
我是说 只有你能够明白
behind giving up a baby, I assumed it would be you.
为什么要放弃自己的孩子
You're not getting that kid.
你休想得到这个孩子
Actually, we have an agreement,
事实上 我们有过协议
and my agreements are always honored.
而我的协议必须要兑现
If not, I'm going to have to involve the police,
否则 我会报警
and that baby is going to end up in the system,
而最终孩子将被送去孤儿院
and that would be a pity.
那就太可惜了
You didn't enjoy your time in the system, did you, Emma?
你也不喜欢在孤儿院的日子吧 艾玛
That's not gonna happen.
这事没门儿
I like your confidence.
我喜欢你的自信
Charming, but all I have to do is press charges.
很有魅力 但我只需提起诉讼
She did, after all, break into my shop.
毕竟 她的确闯进了我的店
Let me guess. To steal a contract.
我猜猜 是为了偷协议吧
Who knows what she was after?
谁知道她要偷什么
You know, no jury in the world will put a woman in jail
没有哪个陪审团会因为一个女人
whose only reason for breaking and entering was to keep her child.
想留住自己的孩子 而把她送进监狱
I'm willing to roll the dice that contract doesn't stand up.
我愿意跟你赌 那协议根本没有法律效力
Are you?
你敢吗
Not to mention what might come out about you in the process.
更不用说 还可能牵出你在此事中的问题
Somehow I suspect there is more to you than a simple pawnbroker.
不知为何 我总感觉你不只是当铺老板这么简单
You really want to start that fight?
你真要撕破脸皮吗
I like you, Ms. Swan. You're not afraid of me,
我喜欢你 斯旺女士 你不怕我
and that's either cocky or presumptuous.
要么是你骄狂 要么是你自大
Either way, I'd rather have you on my side.
无论怎么样 我都希望你站在我这边
So she can keep the baby?
那她可以留住孩子了吗
Not just yet.
还不行
There's still the matter of my agreement with Ms. Boyd.
我和博伊德女士之间的协议仍然有效
Tear it up.
毁约吧
That's not what I do.
这不是我的风格
You see, contracts, deals--
协议 交易之类的事情
Well, they're the very foundation of all civilized existence,
这是人类文明存在的基础
so I put it to you now.
所以我要把你拉进来
If you want Ashley to have that baby,
如果你想让阿什莉留住那个孩子
are you willing to make a deal with me?
你愿意跟我做个交易吗
What do you want?
你想要什么
Oh, I don't know just yet.
我还没想好
You'll owe me a favor.
你欠我个人情
Deal.
成交

重点解释

care for
1.喜欢
Would you care for a drink?
你想来点喝的吗?
2.照料
Who will care for the house while the family is away?
全家人都不在时,由谁照料这间房子呢?
3.计较
He doesn't care for what he eats.

at the time:
在那时
He was very poor at that time.
他那时候很穷。

on the contrary:
正相反
You're quite free now, I think. On the contrary, I have tons of things to do!
我想你现在一定很空。正相反,我有一大堆事要做!

find out:
找出;发现;查明
The police found the murderer out.
警方搜寻到了杀人犯。
Please find out when the train starts.
请查一下火车什么时候开。

give up+(ing)
1.让出
He gave up his seat to an old man.
他让座给一位老人。
2.放弃
The girl gave up halfway.
这女孩中途放弃。
3.戒绝
I wish I could give up drinking.
我真希望自己能戒酒。

press charges:
正式控告 正式控告
Do we still press charges?
我们还继续提出控告吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • charmingadj. 迷人的
  • pawnbrokern. 典当商,当铺老板
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • foundationn. 基础,根据,建立 n. 粉底霜,基金会
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • pityn. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜 v. 同情,怜悯
  • involvevt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的