位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第38期:总有一天要分开的
日期:2012-04-05 12:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

How was your walk with Henry?
和亨利一起散步愉快吗
That's right. I know everything...
没错 所有的事我都知道
But relax. I don't mind.
但是别紧张 我不介意
You don't? No,
你不介意吗 不介意
because you no longer worry me, Ms. Swan.
因为你不再令我担心了 斯旺女士
You see, I did a little digging into who you are,
我调查了一下你的身份
and what I found out was quite soothing.
调查结果让我很宽心
It all comes down to the number seven.
归根到底都和数字7有关
Seven?
7吗
It's the number of addresses you've had in the last decade.
那是你过去十年所有地址的数目
Your longest stint anywhere was two years.
你呆得最久的地方也只有两年
Really, what did you enjoy
说真的 塔拉哈西
so much about Tallahassee?
有什么东西那么吸引你
If you were wonding, I did find a place here in town.
如果你想问 我在镇上找到了住处
I know, with Ms. Blanchard.
我知道 和布兰切特女士一起
How long is your lease?
你租了多久
Oh, wait. You don't have one.
等等 你根本没有租约
You see my point?
懂我的意思了吗
In order for something to grow, Ms. Swan, it needs roots,
斯旺女士 万物生长都离不开根
and you don't have any.
而你却没有
People don't change.
本性难移
They only fool themselve into believing they can.
人们只是欺骗自己去相信他们可以
You don't know me. No, I think I do.
你不了解我 不 我很了解
All I ask is,
我想说的是
as you carry on your transient life,
当你继续你那辗转的人生时
you think of Henry and what's best for him,
你想想亨利 想想什么对他才是最好的
perhaps consider a clean break,
可以考虑快刀斩乱麻
it's gonna happen anyway.
反正总有一天要分开

重点讲解

dig into:
1.致力于
He is digging into Chinese history.
他正在钻研中国历史。
2.大口吃
As soon as the pie was served, she digged into it heartily.
馅饼一上来,她就大口大口地吃起来。
3.深入钻研

find out:
1.找出;发现;查明
The police found the murderer out.
警方搜寻到了杀人犯。
Please find out when the train starts.
请查一下火车什么时候开。

come down to:
1.归根结底;实质上是;实际意味着
2.到达
Our choices come down to going or staying.
我们的选择可以归结为:去还是留。

stint:
及物动词 vt.
1.限制;节制[(+of)]
I have to stint myself of food.
我得限制自己的食量。
2.【古】停止

不及物动词 vi.
1.节省;吝惜[(+on)]
When you make this recipe, don't stint on the butter.
当你照食谱做这菜时,要多用奶油。
2.【古】停止

名词 n.
1.节省,吝惜;限制[U]
2.【罕】定量,限额[C]
3.分配的工作;工作期限[C]

名词 n.
1.滨鹬[C]

in order:
按顺序
I will answer your three questions in order.
我将一个个回答你这三个问题。
2.适当的
It'll be quite in order for him to speak now.
他现在发言是十分合适

transient:
形容词 a.
1.短暂的;一时的;瞬间的
Her feeling of depression was transient.
她的抑郁情绪一会儿就过去了。
2.【美】暂住的,路过的[Z]
名词 n.
1.【美】短暂居住者;过往旅客[C]
transients at a hotel
旅馆里的过往客人
2.候鸟[C]
3.【电】瞬变电流;瞬变现象

分享到
重点单词
  • depressionn. 沮丧,萧条
  • soothingadj. 使人宽心的;抚慰的 v. 安慰;减轻痛苦(so
  • stintv. 节省,限制,停止 n. 节约,限制,定额的工作 n
  • transientadj. 短暂的 n. 短期居留者,瞬间的变化
  • decaden. 十年
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方