位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第93期:拯救私生子
日期:2012-06-09 23:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

台词欣赏:

The Dark one:You were asking for me?
你在召唤我吗
Rumplestilskin:Submit, oh dark one!
服从吧 黑暗者
I control you.
我将掌控你
The Dark one:Yes, you do.

Wield the power wisely.
明智地使用你的权力吧
You can wield at any time now.
你可以随时使用它了
It's almost dawn.
黎明已近
That means it's your son's birthday.
意味着你儿子的生日快到了
I bet Hordor and his men are already on their way to your house.
我敢打赌赫尔多和他的手下已经快到你家了
Rumplestilskin:No, they can't take him.
不 他们不可以带走他
The Dark one:You don't control them.
你不能掌控他们
You control me.
你只能掌控我
Have you ever wondered was he really your child at all?
难道你从来没有想过 他可能根本不是你的孩子吗
Unlike you, he's not a coward and yearns to fight and die in glory.
不像你 他不是一个懦夫 他渴望在荣耀中战斗到最后一刻
Rumplestilskin:No.

The Dark one:What a poor bargain that would be--to lay down your soul to save your bastard son.
多么不值的交易啊 放下你的尊严来拯救一个私生子
So I ask you...
现在我来问你
what would you...have me...do?
你想让我做什么

重点解释

词汇精解:
wield:及物动词 vt.
1.挥舞(剑等);使用(工具等)
A soldier was wielding the sword.
一个士兵在舞剑。
2.行使(权力);施加(影响)
She wields a lot of power in the government.
她在政府中有很大的权力。
yearn:不及物动词 vi.
1.(~+for/after/towards)(~+to-v)思念;渴望;向往
She yearned to visit the village where she was born.
她热切盼望能去她出生的那个村子看看。
He yearned after letters from home.
他期盼家里来信。
The slaves yearned for freedom.
奴隶们渴望自由。
2.(~+for/after)同情,怜悯
Her heart yearned for the starving, homeless children.
她的心怜悯那些挨饿的无家可归的儿童。
词组辨析:
not at all和 not in the slightest的区别:意思都是“一点都不……,完全不……”当两者都表示根本不……,一点也不……的意思时,两者几乎是等同的,只是not in the slightest是英式英语,美国人不用此法。 not at all还有有不用谢,别客气的意思。
"Thank you for your help." "Not at all."
“感谢您的帮助。” “别客气。”
She was not in the slightest surprised.
她一点也不吃惊。
"Do you mind if I open the window?" "Not in the slightest, please do."
“我打开窗户没关系吧?”“一点关系也没有, 请便。”
He did not impress me at all.
他根本没给我留下好印象
lie和lay的区别:
一般现在时-过去式-过去分词的形式:
lie-lied-lied:撒谎
lie-lay-lain:躺着,位于
lay-laid-laid:下蛋,放置
lie是不及物动词,要加介词,没有被动,除了有躺下的意思,还有说谎的意思,通常用lie to sb;而lay是及物动词,直接加宾语,有被动,除了有放置,躺下,还有下蛋产卵的意思。
Chonqing lies in the southwest of China.
重庆坐落于中国的西南部。
He lay down for a rest. (躺着lie的过去式)
他躺下休息一会。
He lied about his age. (撒谎lie的过去式)
他在年龄上撒了谎。
The black hen lays an egg a day.
那只黑母鸡每天生一个蛋。
Please lay the packages on the table.
请把包裹放在桌上。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • yearnv. 渴望,想念
  • wieldvt. 行使,运用,支配,挥舞,使用(武器等)
  • impressn. 印象,特徵,印记 v. 使 ... 有印象,影响,
  • swordn. 剑,刀
  • gloryn. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂 vi. 为 ... 而骄傲
  • bastardadj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋
  • cowardn. 懦夫 adj. 胆小的 Coward n. 科沃德