位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第276期:虚怀若谷
日期:2016-11-17 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

You know an awful lot about this town for being a stranger.
作为外人 你未免太了解这镇子了
And you know very little for being the sheriff.
而作为警长 你了解的太少了
How do you know all this? You've been here before?
你如何知道这些的 你之前来过吗
I know all of this for one very simple reason.
我知道这些的原因很简单
I read the plaque.
我看了那块石碑
You actually believe that?
你真的相信这个吗
I'm a writer. I have to have an open mind.
我是个作家 我得虚怀若谷
Yeah, but magic?
没错 但是相信魔法吗
Water is a very powerful thing. Cultures as old as time have worshipped it.
水是很强大的东西 自有文明以来 人们就崇拜它了
It flows throughout all lands, connecting the entire world. If anything had mystical properties, if anything had magic, well, I'd say it'd be water.
它流经所有土地 连接了整个世界 如果说什么东西有神秘力量 或者魔力 那一定是水
That's asking a lot to believe on faith.
你要我相信的东西可真多
If you need evidence for everything, Emma, you're gonna find yourself stuck in one place for a long time.
如果你做任何事都需要证据 艾玛 你会发现自己一直困在原地
Maybe. Or maybe I'll just find the truth before anyone else.
也许吧 也或许我能赶在其他之前找到真相
Well, Ms. Skeptic, there's one thing I can tell you for sure that requires no leap of faith, and I know you'll agree with me.
"怀疑"女士 我能很确定地告诉你一件事 用不着你放"心"一搏 而且我确定你会赞成
What's that?
是什么
It's good water.
水很好喝

重点讲解

stranger (to sb) a person that you do not know
• 陌生人:

»There was a complete stranger sitting at my desk.
我书桌前坐着一个从未见过的陌生人。
»They got on well together although they were total strangers.
尽管以前素未谋面,但他们相处融洽。

worship
热爱;爱慕,崇拜(尤指达到看不到缺点的地步):

»She worships her children.
她极度疼爱自己的儿女。
»He worshipped her from afar (= he loved her but did not tell her his feelings).
他暗恋着她。

mystical
神秘的;不可思议的;难以解释的:

»mystical forces / powers
神秘的力量/能力
»mystic beauty
不可思议的美丽
»Watching the sun rise over the mountain was an almost mystical experience.
看着太阳爬上山冈,这几乎是一种难以言传的体验。

faith (in sb / sth)
信任;相信;信心:

»I have great faith in you—I know you'll do well.
我对你有信心——我知道你会干好的。
»We've lost faith in the government's promises.
我们不再相信政府的承诺。

for sure
无疑;肯定:

»No one knows for sure what happened.
谁也不知道究竟发生了什么事。
»I think he'll be back on Monday, but I can't say for sure.
我想他星期一会回来,不过我不敢肯定。

视频及简介
该剧主要讲述了一位有着困扰过去的女性Emma来到缅因州的一个充满魔法的小镇上,遇到各种神奇经历的冒险故事。


分享到
重点单词
  • worshipn. 崇拜,爱慕,做礼拜 vi. 做礼拜 vt. 崇拜,
  • sheriffn. 郡治安官,郡长
  • plaquen. 匾,饰板,名牌,徽章,[医]齿菌斑
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • skepticn. 怀疑者,怀疑论者,无神论者