位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 童话镇 > 正文
美剧《童话镇》第40期:谈判
日期:2012-04-07 21:16

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Ms. Blanchard, is Ms. Swan here?
布兰切特女士 斯旺女士在吗
Hi. My name is Mr. Gold.
你好 我是戈登先生
We met briefly on your arrival.
你刚来时我们就见过了
I remember.
我记得
Good. I have a proposition for you, Ms. Swan.
好 我想和你说件事 斯旺女士
I, uh, I need your help. I'm looking for someone.
我需要你的帮助 我在找一个人
Really? Um...
是吗
You know what? I'm gonna go jump i-in the bath.
这样吧 我要去洗澡了
I have a photo.
这里有张照片
Her name is, uh, Ashley Boyd,
她叫阿什莉·博伊德
and she's taken something quite valuable of mine.
从我这里拿走了一件非常贵重的物品
So why don't you just call the police?
那你为什么不报警呢
Because, uh...
因为...
she's a confused young woman.
她就是个误入歧途的年轻女子
She's pregnant, alone, and scared.
还怀了孕 孤身一人 惊慌失措
I don't want to ruin this young girl's life,
我不想毁了这女孩的一生
but I just want my property returned.
但又想找回我的东西
And what is it?
那是什么东西
Well, one of the advantages of you not being the police
相比警察 你的优点是
is discretion.
比较低调
Let's just say it's a precious object and leave it at that.
姑且就称之为珍贵的物品吧
When did you see her last?
你最后一次见到她是什么时候
Last night. That's...that's how I got this.
昨晚 伤口就是这么来的
It's so unlike her.
这不像她的为人
She was quite wound up,
她当时非常紧张
rambling on and on about changing her life.
东拉西扯说要改变自己的生活
I have no idea what got into her.
我不知道她受了什么影响
Ms. Swan, please just help me find her.
斯旺女士 请帮我找到她
My only other choice is the police,
除此之外的唯一选择是找警察
and I don't think anyone wants to see
我想没人愿意看到
that baby born in jail, now do they?
宝宝在监狱里出世吧 对吗
No, of course not.
当然没有
So you'll help me then?
那你会帮我吗
I will help her.
我会帮她
Grand.
好极了

重点解释

wound up:
固定词组 ph.
1.(用作表语)紧张的;兴奋的
Don't get so wound up; there's nothing to get excited or nervous about!
别那么激动,没有什么可激动和紧张的!
I wound up with a first prize.
我最后得到一份头等奖。

ramble on:
漫谈下去
He rambled on for hours.
他喋喋不休地谈了好几个钟头。
I won't ramble on about that.
对于这个我不会信口开河。

get into:
1.(使)穿上
I can't get into these shoes.
这双鞋我穿不上。
2.(使)陷入
He got into debt.
他欠下债务。
3.学会
I'll soon get into the way of things.
我不久就会学会处理事务的方法。

briefly:
副词 ad.
1.简洁地,简短地;简单地说
Briefly, I think we should accept their offer.
简言之,我认为我们应该接受他们的提议。
He told me briefly what had happened.
他把发生的事简略地对我说了一遍。
2.短时间地,短暂地
The President stopped off briefly in London on his way to Geneva.
总统去日内瓦途中曾在伦敦作短暂停留。

分享到
重点单词
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • ramblev. 漫步,漫谈,漫游 n. 漫步,闲谈,蔓延
  • confusedadj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu
  • preciousadj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的 adv. 极其地
  • valuableadj. 贵重的,有价值的 n. (pl.)贵重物品
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • discretionn. 谨慎,判断力,个人选择,选择的自由 [计算机] 判