里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第551期:今晚我为什么大笑
日期:2021-05-25 09:39

(单词翻译:单击)

Why did I laugh tonight? — John Keats

《今晚我为什么大笑》约翰·济慈

Why did I laugh tonight?

今晚我为什么大笑

No voice will tell

没有声音会告诉你

No God, no Demon of severe response

没有上帝,没有恶魔的严厉回应

Deigns to reply from Heaven or from Hell

从天堂或地狱回复

Then to my human heart, I turn at once: Heart!

然后我立刻扪心自问:心呀!

Thou and I are here sad and alone

你和我一样悲凉而又孤独

Say wherefore did I laugh?

我说,我为什么大笑?

Rf8be6693592900c8afcb7ec6daa4c189.jpg

Oh mortal pain!

啊,致命的苦痛!

Oh darkness!

啊,黑暗!

Darkness! Ever must I moan, to question Heaven and Hell and Heart in vain

黑暗!我要呜咽着问遍上苍、冥府和我自己的心灵,纵然徒劳

Why did I laugh?

我为什么大笑?

I know this Being's lease

我知道生存的租期

My fancy to its utmost blisses spreads

我让幻想伸展到极乐的境界

Yet could I on this very midnight cease

但我也许在今夜停止呼吸

And the world's gaudy ensigns see in shreds

见到尘世的彩旗一片片碎裂

Verse, Fame, and Beauty are intense indeed

诗,名,和美都是强烈的

But Death intenser

但死更强烈些

Death is Life's high meed

死是生命的最高酬劳

分享到