里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第270期:我爱你的不完美
日期:2018-09-10 11:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Dear Mary,
亲爱的玛丽,
Please find enclosed my entire Noblet collection as a sign that I forgive you.
请收下我收集的所有“诺布利特”玩偶,作为我原谅你的见证。
When I received your book, the emotions inside my brain felt like they were in a tumble dryer, smashing into each other.
当我收到你的书,我的感受就像是转筒式干燥机,纠缠在了一起。
The hurt felt like when I accidentally stapled my lips together.
那种疼痛就像是我的嘴被钉到了一起。
The reason I forgive you is because you are not perfect.
我之所以原谅你,是因为人无完人。
You are imperfect, and so am I.
你不完美,我也一样。
All humans are imperfect, even the man outside my apartment who litters.
人无完人,包括门外那个乱扔垃圾的人。
When I was young, I wanted to be anybody but myself.
我年轻时,我对自己很失望。
Dr Bernard said if I was on a desert island, then I would have to get used to my own company -- just me and the coconuts.
伯纳德医生说如果我在一座荒岛上,我就会习惯无人陪伴,只有我和椰子树的生活。
He said I would have to accept myself, my warts and all.
他说那时我就会接受自己,完全接受。
And then we don't get to choose our warts.
那时我们不会在意自己的缺陷。

我爱你的不完美

They are a part of us and we have to live with them.
那也是我们的一部分,我们得学会接受。
We can, however, choose our friends.
但是,我们可以选择朋友。
And I am glad I have chosen you.
我很高兴能和你做朋友。
Dr Bernard also said that everyone's lives are like a very long sidewalk.
伯纳德医生还说过,人的生活就像是一条很长的人行道。
Some are well paved. Others, like mine, have cracks, banana skins and cigarette butts.
有的铺的很好。有的,比如我的,就有裂缝、香蕉皮还有烟头。
Your sidewalk is like mine, but probably not as many cracks.
你的人行道和我的很像,但没有那么多裂缝。
Hopefully, one day, our sidewalks will meet, and we can share a can of condensed milk.
希望有一天,我们的人行道交汇了,可以一起喝罐浓缩酸奶。
You are my best friend. You are my only friend.
你是我最好的朋友。也是我唯一的朋友。
Your penpal, Max.
你的老笔友,马克思。

分享到