里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第314期:奔三综合症
日期:2019-01-28 11:08

(单词翻译:单击)

If you're approaching the big 30 and feeling suddenly aimless and insecure about your career and relationships,
如果你正在奔三的道路上,突然觉得自己对于职业生涯和感情关系缺乏目标、又充满不安全感,
you might in the middle of what we know anecdotally as a pre-30 meltdown.
也许你已经患上了奔三综合症。

A Sense Of Not Measuring Up
症状一:什么都没搞定的挫败感
Now that your adult life seems to have officially arrived, you may be feeling the need to get it together, fast.
快步入30岁了,似乎意味着你的成年人生活正式到来,你或许有种迫切感要把一切该做好的事情尽快做好。
Try not to stress about getting all your ducks in a row by the time you hit 30
试着不要给自己压力,让自己在30岁一到就把这些事都挨个地完成。
the most important thing at this point in your life is to figure out what you want and be working towards it,
你生活中最重要的事情是知道自己到底要什么,并且朝着自己的目标努力,
not to already "have it all."
而不是“把一切做完”。

Increased Insecurity About Dating And Relationships
症状二:对约会和恋爱缺乏安全感
Sadness and stress over a breakup, romantic relationship or lack of relationship
20几岁之后,对于分手、恋爱或者单身都变得难过和焦虑,
is a common symptom of a late 20-something crisis.
这也是奔三综合症的症状之一。
It doesn't matter whether you're single, married, dating around, or coupled in any form
无论你现在是单身、已婚、还是约会中,
your relationship status becomes a daily source of stress and anxiety during the pre-30 crisis.
这些身份都会成为日常生活中压力和焦躁的来源。
You may find yourself suddenly unsatisfied with a long-term relationship
你会突然就对长期的恋爱关系感到不满,
or anxious about not having gained enough dating experiences in your 20s.
或者对20几岁没有多谈恋爱变得焦虑起来。

奔三综合症

Money Worries
症状三:担心钱的问题
Suddenly, your financial situation may feel forebodingly unstable
突然间,你的经济状况会让你感到很不稳定,
and looks a whole lot more pathetic than it ever did before.
比从前任何时候都让人揪心。
By the age of 30, everyone should have learned to master certain basic money skills, like keeping a budget.
到了30岁,每个人都应该学一些基本的理财方式,比如坚持做预算。
There are plenty of tools available online and off to help you move towards financial stability going forward.
现在有很多线上和线下的理财工具,可以帮助你实现财务的稳定和增值。

Constantly Comparing Yourself To Your Peers
症状四:常常与同龄人比较
The pre-30 crisis feeds on comparison to others of the same age,
奔三综合症的人会常常与同龄人去比较,
and it can lead to a constant nagging feeling that your life doesn't measure up.
造成的后果就是感到自己什么事都没搞定。
You may be going on social media to check up on former friends and enemies to see who has their adult like "together" -- and who doesn't.
你也许会上社交媒体去看看过去的朋友和敌人现在都过得怎么样了,有谁混得好了,有谁混不下去了。
But of course, in the end, neither outcome will make you feel better about your own situation.
无论结果如何,都不会改善你对自己的看法。
Sometimes, admit where you are, and refuse to be ashamed of it.
有时候,承认自己所处的位置,不要因此而羞愧。
You're doing the best you can.
你就已经做到了最好。

分享到