里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第68期:坚持不懈 直到成功
日期:2016-12-21 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

I will persist until I succeed.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning;
生命的奖赏远在旅途终点,而非起点附近。
and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal.
我不知道要走多少步才能达到目标。
Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road.
踏上第一千步的时候,仍然可能遭到失败,但成功就藏在拐角后面。
Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
除非拐了弯,我永远不知道还有多远。

坚持不懈.jpg

Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another.
再前进一步,如果没有用,就再向前一步。
In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.
事实上,每次进步一点点并不太难。
I will persist until I succeed.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak.
从今往后,我把每天的奋斗当做对参天大树的一次砍击。
The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood, nor the second, nor the third.
头几刀可能了无痕迹。
Each blow, of itself, may be trifling, and seem of no consequence.
每一击者似微不足道。
Yet from childish swipes the oak will eventually tumble.
然而,累积起来,巨树终会倒下。
So it will be with my efforts of today.
这恰如我今天的努力。
I will be likening to the raindrop which washes away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger; the star which brightens the earth; the slave who builds a pyramid.
就像冲洗高山的雨滴,吞噬猛虎的蚂蚁,照亮大地的星辰,建起金字塔的奴隶。
I will build my castle one brick at a time for I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
我也要一砖一瓦地建造起自己的城堡,因为我深知水滴石穿的道理,只要持之以恒,什么都可以做到。


更多美文请关注-微信公众号:良声英语 微博:@里昂之声

分享到