(单词翻译:单击)
Be Happy
快乐
Active happiness -- not mere satisfaction or contentment
积极的快乐--并非单纯的满意或知足
often comes suddenly, like an April shower or the unfolding of a bud.
通常不期而至,就像四月里突然下起的春雨,或是花蕾的突然绽放。
Then you discover what kind of wisdom has accompanied it.
然后,你就会发觉与快乐结伴而来的究竟是何种智慧。
The grass is greener; bird songs are sweeter;
草地更为青翠,鸟鸣更为甜美,
the shortcomings of your friends are more understandable and more forgivable.
朋友的缺点也变的更能让人理解、宽容。
Happiness is like a pair of eyeglasses correcting your spiritual vision.
快乐就像一副眼镜,可以矫正你的精神视力。
Nor are the insights of happiness limited to what is near around you.
快乐的视野并不仅限于你周围的事物。
Unhappy, with your thoughts turned in upon your emotional woes, your vision is cut short as though by a wall.
当你不快乐时,你的思维陷入情感上的悲哀,你的眼界就像被一道墙给阻隔住了。
Happy, the wall crumbles.
而当你快乐时,这道墙会砰然倒塌。
The long vista is there for the seeing, the ground at your feet,
你的眼界变的更为宽广,你脚下的大地,
and the world about you-people, thoughts, emotions, and pressures-are now fitted into the larger scene.
你身边的世界,包括人、思想、情感和压力,现在都融入了更为广阔的景象之中。
Everything assumes a fairer proportion.
其间每件事物的比例都更加合理。
And here is the beginning of wisdom.
而这就是睿智的起始。