(单词翻译:单击)
Juliette Drouet to Victor Hugo
朱丽叶·德鲁埃致维克多·雨果
Oh! Think of me, my sweet beloved, so that I may feel it
啊,想着我吧,我最爱的人,好让我感受到你的甜蜜,
and so that your joy amid your delightful family, your kind friends and admirers may not be changed into bitterness and grief for me.
你与家人、朋友和爱慕你的人的欢乐才不会变为我的嫉妒,令我伤心。
Think of me, of whom you are the life and soul.
想着我吧,因为你就是我的生命和灵魂。
Think of my love so profound, so pure, and so devoted, and wish I were with you.
想想我对你的爱如此深沉、纯洁与专一,希望我能与你相聚在一起。
I am going to bed praying God for you and yours.
我要睡了,还在为你和你的亲人祈祷。
I trust my prayers will not be fruitless,
我相信我的祈祷不会得不到回音,
as I am asking for their happiness and yours, should it be at the cost of my own life.
因为我不惜用生命换得你的亲人还有你的幸福。
If you knew how I need to know that you are happy, my beloved, almost as much as to know I am loved by you!
要是你知道我是如何为你祈祷,我的爱,那么你爱我的心也不会亚于我。
I love you, more than anything else in this world.
我爱你,我对你的爱超过了人间世上的一切。
Enjoy your success, this evening, my Victor, your beauty, your genius, and be happy with your delightful family.
今夜尽情地为你的成功而欢乐吧,我的维克多,尽情地赞美你的美丽,赞美你的天赋吧,为能与欢乐的家人团聚而高兴吧。
I will be proud and happy myself, provided amid all this you do not forget me.
要是你在欢乐的时刻没有把我忘怀,我定当感到自豪和幸福。
Above all I do not wish to importune or compromise you.
不管怎么样,最重要的是,我不想强求或委屈你。
I only want to love you to my last sight.
我只想爱着你直到瞑目之时。