跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第831期:介绍经历
日期:2021-03-10 08:45

(单词翻译:单击)

实用句子


I spent my childhood in Paris.

我的童年在巴黎度过。


I was brought up in Paris.

我在巴黎长大。


I graduated from...

我毕业于....


My major is...

我的专业是...


I'm self-employed.

我自己创业。


经典对话


A: I don't know much about you. Where were you born?

我不太了解你,你是在哪儿出生的?


B: I was born in London, but I spent most of my childhood in Hong Kong.

我是在伦敦出生,在香港长大的。


A: What was your childhood like?

你小时候过得怎么样?


B: I had a pretty strict upbringing, and my parents and I were always fighting about it.

小时候家教很严,那时我经常为这个和我母亲对着干。


A: Do you get along with your parents now?

那你现在跟父母相处的怎么样了?


B: Oh sure. Once they reached middle age, they became a lot less uptight.

好多了,人近中年心态就平和多了。


A: Where did you go to university?

你在哪儿上的大学?


B: My parents wanted me to stay in Hong Kong, but I decided to go back to England. I graduated from Oxford university with a degree in English literature.

我父母想让我留在香港,可是我自己决定回英国。后来我从牛津大学毕业,并且拿到了一个有关英国文学的学位。


A: What is your current occupation?

那你现在做什么工作呢?


B: I'm a freelance writer. I write magazine articles and fiction books.

我是个自由撰稿人,给杂志写点文章,也写些小说。


A: Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer?

当作家是你一直以来的愿望吗?


B: No, I didn't. I was an English teacher for about five years. But by the time I was 30, I decided I wanted a fresh challenge.

不是。以前我做过五年的英语老师,后来30岁那年,我觉得自己需要一些新鲜的挑战。


A: How did you start writing?

那你是如何踏上写作之路的呢?


B: I started writing magazine articles for fun and eventually was asked to write a book, so I was pretty lucky.

起初我只是给杂志写点小文章,写着玩儿。后来就有人请我写书,其实我挺幸运的。


A: Are you writing a book now?

你现在还在写书吗?


B: Yes, it's about a group of friends living in a foreign country and all the strange experiences they have.

有的。是一本关于几个朋友生活在异国他乡的奇特经历。


A: Sounds interesting.

听起来很有意思。

分享到