跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第814期:被解雇
日期:2021-02-01 16:41

(单词翻译:单击)

知识点总结


dismiss

(尤指因做错事)使免职,将...解职


He has been dismissed from his job for incompetence.

他因无法胜任工作而被解职。


axe(美亦作ax)

He has been axed from the team.

他被团队开除了。


lay off

开除;罢免

The factory is going to lay off many workers.

工厂打算裁员。



经典对话



A: Hello, John. Could you come to my office?

你好,约翰,能来一下我的办公室吗?


B: Sure. I'm just coming. Mr green, what can I do for you?

当然,我马上就来格林先生,请问您找我有什么事吗?


A: Have a seat, please. The staff in your department are pretty good. Everyone is working hard, these are all inseparable from your management.

请坐。你们部门的员工都很努力,每个人都在认真的工作,这些都离不开你的管理。


B: It's nothing. We also need to improve sales performance in every month to create greater value for the company.

这没什么,我们还需要提高每个月的销售业绩,为公司创造更大的价值。


A: Our business has been going down sharply in the past few months and we have to lay off some staff members.

我们的业务在过去几个月里急剧下降,我们不得不裁减一些工作人员。


B: Do you mean to cut staff in our department?

你的意思是说在我们部门裁减人员吗?


A: Yes, I'm sorry to tell you the news. Although you have been working very hard, your department's performance is not very good.

是的,很抱歉告诉你这个消息,虽然你们一直都很努力,但是你们部门的业绩一直不好。


B: I'm among the people who have to go?

我也是其中一员吗?


A: As a sales manager, you have not increased our sales.

作为销售经理,你没有增加我们的销售量。


B: You know, I've always been very conscientious. This job is especially important to me. I was counting on it to feed my family.

你是知道的,我一直都很尽职尽责。这份工作对我来说很重要,我还指望他养活我的家人呢。


A: I'm so sorry, but this is the board's decision, there's nothing I can do.

我真的很抱歉,但这是董事会的决定,我也无能为力。


B: All right. I try to accept the fact.

好吧,我尽量接受这个事实。

分享到