跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第694期:如何“评价”别人
日期:2020-06-12 08:44

(单词翻译:单击)

judge

/dʒʌdʒ/

评判

Don't judge a book by its cover.

不要根据封面去评价一本书。

Don't judge a man by his apperance.

不要根据人的长相去评价一个人。


询问对方是什么样的人

What's your new teacher like?

你的新老师怎么样?


Have you met her? What's she like?

你见过她了吗?她怎样?


What kind of impression did he give you?

他留给你的第一印象是什么?


What kind of a guy is he?

他是怎样的一个人?


What was your first impression of him?

你对他的第一印象是什么?


I can't tell what people are like just by looking at them.

只是凭外表,我无法判断人具体是什么样的。


具体描述一个人

He's got nerves of steel.

他意志坚定。


He's very cool under pressure.

他在压力下非常冷静。


He doesn't lose his cool easily.

他不会轻易激动。


He gets angry easily.

他极易动怒。


He has a short temper.

他脾气暴躁。


Conversation:

A: So how was your blind date the other night?

那么你前两天晚上的相亲怎么样?


B: Not that great. I mean he was nice and all. But there was something about him.

不是太好,我是说他还不错,就是有些地方怪怪的。


A: What? You make him sound like he was hiding something. Was he shifty?

怎么?听你这么说,他好像隐瞒了什么事情,他狡猾吗?

shifty诡计的;不可靠的


B: No, he just seemed too nervous, like he had something to hide.

不狡猾,他好像只是太紧张了,就像隐瞒了什么事情似的。


A: Maybe he was just nervous about the blind date.

也许他只是对于相亲太紧张了。


B: That's what I thought too, at first. But all through dinner and the movie afterward, he was never relaxed. It was a bit odd.

起初我也是这么想,但吃完饭又看了电影,他一点儿都没有放松,有点儿奇怪。


A: Maybe he's just a high-strung person. Or maybe he's actually married.

也许他只是个神经紧张的人,或者也许他实际上已经结婚了。

分享到