跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第552期:周末短途旅游
日期:2019-02-27 06:10

(单词翻译:单击)

chip in
凑钱
My mother said her colleagues always chip in to buy gifts to celebrate someone's birthday or when someone has a new baby.
妈妈说她的同事往往会凑钱买礼物给过生日的同事,或者给刚生孩子的同事。

A: How are you doing, Emily?
艾米丽,你最近过得怎么样?
B: To be honest, I'm really fed up with work at the moment, I need a break.
老实说,我现在上班有点不耐烦了,我需要放个假。
A: Are you doing anything this weekend?
你周末打算干什么?
B: I have to work on Saturday all day. I really hate my job.
我周六一整天都得上班,我讨厌我的工作。
A: Are you available on Sunday?
那你周日有空吗?
B: Yes, it's my only day off until (next) Thursday.
有空,下周四之前我只有这一天休息时间。
A: Okay, well, my friends and I are planning on going to the beach on Sunday. We tend to leave around noon whenever we go anywhere. So you could still sleep in. Do you want to come with us?
好的,我和我的几个朋友打算周日去海边玩,不管去哪儿我们都会在中午左右出发,所以你可以睡个懒觉,你想跟我们一起去吗?
B: That'd be fantastic! Which beach are you going to?
那可实在是太好了,你们打算去哪个海滩?
A: It's a quiet beach just about an hour outside of the city.
出城之后一个小时的路程,一个非常安静的海滩。
B: What should I bring with me?
我需要带什么东西吗?
A: We've got plenty of inflatables. But if you want to sit on a chair, you will have to bring your own sunlounger.
我们带了很多充气玩具,如果你想坐椅子上的话,你就可以自己带一把沙滩椅。
B: I love lazing around in a sun.
我喜欢懒羊羊地晒太阳。
A: Do you like surfing?
你喜欢冲浪吗?
B: I've actually never tried. Do you have a surfboard?
我真的没试过,你有冲浪板吗?
A: We've got a few. I can teach you how to surf on Sunday. It'll be fun.
我们有几个。星期日我可以教你冲浪,真的很好玩。
B: I can't wait. It sounds like we're going to have a great time. How much money should I bring?
我都要等不及了,听上去我们会玩得很开心,我应该带多少钱?
A: You'll just need roughly ten dollars for food and gas money. My friend is driving, so we usually all chip in a few dollars for gas money.
吃的加上汽油费,你需要带十美元左右。我的一个朋友开车,所以一般我们都均摊几美元的汽油费。
B: Okay, when and where should I meet you?
好的,咱们什么时候在什么地方见面?
A: We'll pick you up at your place at noon. Be there or be square.
星期日中午我们去你家接你,不见不散。

分享到