(单词翻译:单击)
实用短语
be busy with..(sth/doing sth)
忙于...
He is busy with cleaning the house.
他正忙于打扫房间。
I'm busy with my homework/doing my homework.
我正忙着写作业。
It is convenient/a convenience for sb to do...
对于某人来说,做某事很便利/方便
It is convenient/a convenience for me to drive to the station.
对我来说,开车去车站很方便。
be esential to..
对...来说至关重要
Working experience is esential to this job.
工作经验对于这份工作很重要。
It is reported that...
据报道...
It is reported that the prince and the princess will get married next month.
据报道,王子和公主下个月要结婚了。
经典对话
A: Hi, Jessica. Long time no see. How are you all keeping?
杰西卡,好久不见,一切都还好吗?
How are you all keeping用于打招呼,表示“你最近怎么样?你身体好吗?”
B: Not bad. I'm busy with decorating the coffeeshop. I'm exhausted, but it is nearly finished.
还不错,我正忙装修咖啡店,真是快累死了,还好就快完成了。
exhausted表示“疲惫的;精疲力尽的”,相当于“very tired”
A: Congratulations. I heard the coffee shop is near the park, it is a great convenience for most people.
祝贺你。我听说咖啡店在公园附近,这对于大多数人来说是一种极大的方便。
B: Do you like drinking coffee?
你喜欢喝咖啡吗?
A: Of course. Coffee is a good thing that can make my brain work.
当然了,咖啡是个好东西,能让我的大脑保持清醒。
B: Yes. What kind of coffee do you prefer? The white coffee or black coffee?
是啊,你更喜欢哪种咖啡,白咖啡还是清咖啡?
prefer表示“更喜欢...”,比如“Which do you prefer?你更喜欢哪个?”
white coffee指加牛奶的咖啡;black coffee指不加牛奶或糖的咖啡
A: The black coffee. But my wife likes the white coffee with two sugars. What kind of coffee have you got?
清咖啡,但是我妻子更喜欢加两块糖的白咖啡。你们的咖啡厅都有什么咖啡啊?
B: We have espresso, cappuccino, latte, skinny latte and Americano.
我们有意式浓缩咖啡,卡布奇诺咖啡,拿铁咖啡,脱脂拿铁咖啡,还有美式咖啡。
A: Are you kidding me? You have so many choices. But environment is essential to a coffee shop.
你不是开玩笑吧?这么多种啊,但是环境对于咖啡店来说是很重要的。
B: You're right. A café can give people a comfortable environment.
对呀,一家好的咖啡馆能给人一个舒适的环境。
A: Hmm, maybe. It is reported that drinking coffee is good for health.
或许吧。据报道,喝咖啡对健康是有益的。
B: Drinking coffee is not harmful, and in some cases may have benefits.
喝咖啡不仅无害,而且在某种情况下还有益处。