跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第568期:和女朋友分手
日期:2019-04-22 08:00

(单词翻译:单击)

split/break up
分手
I didn't know you had split/broken up.
我不知道你们已经分手了。


stand sb up
放某人鸽子
You stood me up last time.
你上次放了我鸽子。


blow up at sb
对某人发火
I'm sorry I blew up at you yesterday.
很抱歉昨天我冲你发火了。


a good catch
抢手货
Mary's boyfriend is a good catch.
玛丽的男朋友条件很好。


A: How is everything going with your girlfriend?
你和你的女朋友怎么样了?
B: Didn't I tell you? It's over.
我没告诉你吗,我们吹了。
A: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had split up. What happened?
啊,我很抱歉,我不知道你们分手的事,这是怎么回事?
B: It was a few things. The first thing happened was that we were supposed to go out for a romantic dinner for our one year anniversary, but she stood me up.
有那么几件事,第一件就是我们相识一周年纪念日那天,本来打算去吃一顿非常浪漫的晚餐,结果她放了我鸽子。
A: Really? Did she tell you why she didn't show up?
真的吗,她没有解释为什么没去吗?
B: No. but I ended up finding out later that night when I saw her with another man at a club near my home.
没有,不过那天晚上我看到她和另一个男人在我家附近的俱乐部里,我还有什么可以在探究的。
A: What was she thinking? Did you confront her about it when you saw her?
她到底在想什么呀,你看见她的时候有没有当面揭穿她?
B: I wanted to, but I knew if I spoke to her, I'd just blow up at her. So I decided to just go home. I called her later that night, but she didn't answer the phone.
我本来是想这么做,这可是我知道,如果我们当面对质,我会冲她发火。所以我决定掉头回家,后来夜里我给她打电话,她根本就不接。
A: I can't believe she would do that to you. It's so dishonest and rude.
我真是不能想象她居然这么对你,这样太不忠诚了,而且很没有礼貌。
B: I know. And I still haven't heard from her.
我知道,我现在还没有收到她的消息。
A: I bet you she regrets what she's done. You're such a good catch. She really lost out, didn't she?
我敢打赌,她肯定会为自己所做的事情后悔的,你是多好的一个人啊!她损失可大了,对吧?
B: I guess so.
我觉得也是。
A: It's always nice to have some closure. But I don't think you'll have a problem finding another girlfriend. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
有些关系还是结束的好,我觉得你找女朋友绝对不是难事,天涯何处芳草。

分享到
重点单词
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • confrontvt. 面临,对抗,遭遇
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,