跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第564期:讨论出国留学
日期:2019-03-25 15:32

(单词翻译:单击)

be accepted into/be admitted to
被...录取
If I were you, I would not do that.
如果我是你,我不会做的。
If I were you, I would refuse his invitation.
如果我是你,我会拒绝邀请。
A: What do you think of studying abroad?
你觉得出国留学怎么样?
B: I think it's a good idea. Studying abroad will offer you plenty of new opportunities. Are you planning on going abroad?
我觉得这是个很好的想法,出国留学能为你创造很多机会,你打算出国留学吗?
A: Yes, I hope too. I'm studying for my IELTS right now.
是的,我希望能。我正在准备考雅思呢。
B: Which country do you want to go to?
你想去哪个国家?
A: I'd like to study in the UK, but it's really expensive.
我想去英国读书,可是那里太贵了。
B: Have you applied to any schools there?
你申请那里的学校了吗?
A: Yes, I received a conditional offer from Oxford University a few days ago.
申请了,而且几天以前,我收到了牛津大学有条件录取的通知书。
B: Congratulations. That's excellent news. What do you have to do to get an unconditional offer?
恭喜你,这可真是个好消息,你怎么做才能换成无条件录取通知书呢?
A: I have to get an IELTS score of 7.5 overall. Do you think I can do that?
我需要雅思总分考到7.5,你觉得我能考到吗?
B: If you study hard, I don't see why you wouldn't. Have you received any other offers?
如果你尽力准备,我觉得你没有理由考不到这个成绩,你还有收到其他学校的录取通知书了吗?
A: I was also accepted into Yale University and Sydney University.
我还收到耶鲁大学和悉尼大学的。
B: If you're worried about money, the cost of living is lowest in America. However, if you go to the Oxford University, you'll probably be able to get any job you want in the future.
如果你担心费用问题的话,美国的生活费会低一些。不过如果你能去牛津大学读书,毕业以后你很有可能找到你最理想的工作。
A: I just can't decide where to go. It's not an easy decision to make.
我还是无法决定去哪里读书,做个决定可真不容易。
B: If I were you, I'd apply for some scholarships and grants before you decide. Whatever you do, I know you'll succeed.
如果我是你我就在做决定之前申请一些奖学金,不过无论你去哪里,我都相信你一定能成功。

分享到