跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第613期:实用对话--邀请别人去家里做客
日期:2019-09-20 14:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Hi, I hope you don't mind me dropping in.
嗨,我希望你不要介意我突如其来的拜访。

unannounced
意想不到的;未事先通知的
Tim and his girlfriend showed up unannounced at around 10PM.
蒂姆和他的女友出乎意料地在晚上十点左右出现。

Mind your own business.
少管别人闲事。

Business before pleasure.
工作先于玩乐。


A: Hi Sam, hope you don't mind me dropping in unannounced.
嗨,萨姆,希望你千万别介意我突如其来的造访。

B: Not at all, come on in.
一点都不会,快进来。

A: I was just passing by and thought I'd take the opportunity to invite you over on Friday evening. I'm having another barbecue followed by a few drinks by the pool.
我刚好经过你家,想抓住机会邀请你周五晚上来我家做客。我打算再来一次烧烤,另外还可以在游泳池旁边享用一些饮料。

B: How can I resist an offer like that? Would you like to stay for coffee?
我怎么能推辞这样的提议呢!你想留下来喝杯咖啡吗?

A: I'd better run, but thanks all the same. Oh, before I go, there's just one thing. Could you not bring your dog this time?
我最好还是走了,但还是要谢谢你哦。在我离开之前正好有一件事情要说,你这次可以不要把你的狗带来吗?

B: But Charlie and I go everywhere together.
可是查理跟我形影不离。

A: I know, but remember last time? He knocked over the barbecue while chasing my cat, and then did his business in the pool.
我了解,但是记得上一次吗?他追我家的猫,同时还打翻了烤肉,接着在游泳池里大小便。

B: OK, if you insist.
你这么坚持的话,我同意。

分享到
重点单词
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层